Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still don't get this suggestion box

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What is driving it? Is it supposed to change with each song played? It seems to change when I start VDJ but not after I switch genres. Is it just the songs I played the most? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 4:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Same here, i don't need it at all.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 9:35 pm
Suggestion box works like this:

after you have played about 5 SONGS IN A ROW, it dynamically and smart makes suggestions about where to go from there, based on what YOU usually do and play at this time...

based on playlists and history..

It gives a result of a couple of songs "before" (usually lower bpm) and about 15 songs on where to go forward... :)

It works very well ;O)

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 1:39 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ in Norway,

Does the suggestion folder "clear" when you shut down VDJ, or is there perhaps a way to turn it off?

I ask because many times I'm not interested in making a "real" mix, but instead I'll bounce around trying to use different effects or styles of music together and hoping for a hit, though most of the time it is a trainwreck. I've found some great sounds that way, but if I do this, am I screwing up VDJ's suggestions when I'm trying to make a "real" mix?

I don't want VDJ to "learn" how I mix, when I'm not really using VDJ how I'd normally make a quality mix...if that makes any sense at all.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 2:11 pm
"...most of the time it is a trainwreck..." ;) loool.... I have fun like that sometimes too ;)

All you need to do, if you want the "trainwreck" playing to not affect the Suggestion Box at a later stage, when mixing for real, is to delete those "trainwreck" playlists from the playlist folder, and also delete these entries in history...

;) hope that was what you where asking about...

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 2:21 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's exactly it. Thanks.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 2:37 pm
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not bad.

However, you can call DJing an art,, we should't let the software steal our ability to do that...

What comes next? A virtual DJ player on hologram? :)

Alex

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 3:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)