Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3 stores for DJs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys

I've put up a list of MP3 stores that cater to DJs on my site:

http://www.djraz.com/stores.html

There are currently 10 stores on the list that I've used and reviewed.
Enjoy :-)

Raz

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 9:55 pm

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 7:01 am
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
Hi Raz

Your site can't be found....

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 12:11 pm
Thank you so much for www.beatport.com. Finally a site that you can legally pay for an MP3 that comes in a MP3 format that can be used directly to VDJ. No burning of WMA's then ripping back into MP3. The tracks come tagged correctly, but not from the file name. All I do is put it in Music Match 9.0 use the supertagging feature and rename the file extension from the tag. This is beautiful!

Thank You!

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 2:24 pm
Phenryll - Cool :) I'll add trax2burn to the list as soon as I review it!

azawakh - Site seems to be working now. It could be that some router was temporarily down somewhere.

mjpaolucci - Indeed Beatport rocks :)

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 10:15 pm

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 8:03 pm
www.allofmp3.com
the best so far in the net!!!!
you can choose the quality of the mp3 and it`s dam cheap.
It`s russian platform and worth to have a look!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 10:09 pm
Beatport i use sattilatte records check my spelling probably off

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 4:06 pm
In the US I don't think beatport or any of these are legal. Take a okk at the disclaimer you have to agree to on beatport:

"Liability Limitations and Rules of Allofmp3.com Services Use
Before you continue browsing the site (registration on this site), you are to read and agree with all the clauses of the following document. In case you disagree with any of the clauses, you have no right to continue browsing the site (registration on this site), and must immediately leave it.

You agree with the fact that you are not able to use and even to download audio and video materials from Allofmp3.com catalogue if it is in the conflict with legislation of your country. Allofmp3.com Administration is unable to control all Allofmp3.com users, therefore the users are responsible for usage of the materials represented on the Site.

Welcome to Allofmp3.com. The site Allofmp3.com (hereinafter referred to as the "Site") is a part of MediaServices system of services (hereinafter referred to as the "Services"). The present agreement ("Agreement") is a contract concluded between you and MediaServices administration (the "Administration"), which stipulates your rights and duties on the Site, and sets the framework for the use of services provided by the MediaServices system. By continuing browsing the site (registration on this site) you confirm that:
(i) You have read and understood the present Agreement in full
(ii) You agree with all the clauses of the present Agreement.

Note
The Allofmp3.com and MediaServices Administration reserves the right to change, amend, and supplement the present Agreement from time to time. The Administration undertakes to notify you of all changes to the present Agreement. In case you discover that you disagree with at least one clause of the changed Agreement, you are to stop your registration on the Site immediately and leave it.

Services provided by Allofmp3.com
Allofmp3.com, a part of MediaServices Services, is an audio recordings archive with a convenient search and download engine. For catalogue usage and download of audio materials all registered users are charged according to tariffs and rules, set by the Administration. To acquire full access to Allofmp3.com Services, each user must register. Unregistered users have limited access to the Site materials - they can only look through the catalogue.

Registration on Allofmp3.com
To acquire full access to Allofmp3.com Services, each user is to register. Registration presupposes supply to the Site Administration of certain personal data, such as full name, country of residence, e-mail address, as well as data necessary for the Site Services payment (see clause "Terms of Allofmp3.com Services Usage"). On successful registration on the Site, each user receives unique member name (login) and entrance password. Apart from that, each person, who successfully completed registration, receives unique personal account, used by the registered user for browsing the site, and by Administration - for interaction with the user.

While undergoing registration on the Site, you are to submit only true and accurate personal data. The Site Administration undertakes not to use data received during registration for selfish ends and not to disclose it. You undertake not to pass your login and password to other people under no pretext. The owner of personal account bears all responsibility for damage, caused to smb./smth. as a result of registered user's passing the Allofmp3.com access data to the third person.

Any user registered on the Site has a possibility to suspend registration at any moment and stop being a user of MediaServices Services. If the user suspends registration, he is returned the personal account balance. No other funds are returned and no losses are recovered.

Terms of Allofmp3.com Service Usage

Service Payment
Usage of Allofmp3.com Services is possible only in case of observing the rules set by the MediaServices Administration and displayed on Allofmp3.com.

MediaServices and Allofmp3.com provide chargeable Services. The users pay for Services before the Services are provided (prepayment) according to rules and tariffs, set by the Administration. You are to pay for all kinds of Services in full. The Administration undertakes not to introduce retroactive changes in payment rules and not to make any additional charges not mentioned in the rules. At the same time, the Administration reserves the right from time to time to introduce changes in the Service payment rules and change tariffs.

While you fulfil payment for Services provided, the Administration has the right to request additional information on details of the financial operation in order to determine true identity of the payment means owner. This additional security measure should not trouble MediaServices clients, since it is taken for their benefit.

Hardware and Software Use
When browsing the Site, you may require using software and hardware of other users. You are responsible for use of any software and hardware, necessary for getting MediaServices Services. You are also responsible for any payments, directly or indirectly connected with surfing Allofmp3.com (e.g. payment for Internet access, purchase of software, etc.).

Some Allofmp3.com Services are provided due to the use by the Allofmp3.com system of software and hardware produced by others (e.g., audio materials encoding tools, etc.). If you plan to use these Allofmp3.com Services, you are to read all the rules concerning the use of software and hardware applied to provide these Services and to agree with them. If you disagree with any clause of the rules on software/hardware use, you do not have the right to get these Services.

All software, used and provided on the Site, is the property of the manufacturer (copyright holder) and is protected by local and international legislation on intellectual propriety and copyright protection.

The MediaServices Administration is not held liable for the quality of communication channel you use, and, thus, is not responsible for financial or other damage inflicted on you due to the use of low-quality communication channels.

The Site Materials Use
You are not to use data received through the Site for unlawful purposes. The Site Administration is not held liable for possible use of information received on the Site for the purposes prohibited by legislation or infringing copyright. You are responsible for unlawful or unauthorized use of any Site materials.

If you download defective audio materials from the Site catalogue (e.g., noisy audio recordings or recordings with distinct clicks) you have the right to ask the Administration to replace low-quality material.

Copyright All the materials in the MediaServices projects are available for distribution via Internet according to license # LS-3М-02-36 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society. Under the license agreement, MediaServices pays license fees for all the materials subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All the materials are available solely for personal use. Further distribution, resale or broadcasting is prohibited.

All trade marks, trade names, company names, slogans, logos, and any other copyright items, which can be seen on the Site pages in various contexts, are the property of their respective owners. You have no right to copy, distribute or use them otherwise without the prior written consent of the owners.

Some Site pages contain links to other sites. They are provided for your convenience only. You agree that the Administration is not held liable for their operability, content or damage caused by their use.

You agree with the fact that you use the Services provided by MediaServices at your own risk and on your personal consent. All the Services are provided "as is" without any guarantee obligations on the part of the Administration (apart from mentioned above). The Administration does not give you any guarantee that you will profit or benefit by the use of the Services. You agree NOT to appeal to the Administration on account of the quality of the Services provided, as well as on account of any possible damage you experience as a result of use of or access to MediaServices Services. "

I don't know if this would be policed but not certain if it would be worth it if caught...

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 4:23 pm
Well, that could be mighty unfortunate in the USA, BUT! I did spot this on beatport's FAQ:

"What are the limitations to the music I download?
Files downloaded from Beatport can be listened to on your computer or portable digital audio devices. Also, the files can be burned to disc for listening on CD players. As per our end-user agreement, you CANNOT trade Beatport files with anyone else. This is a community of DJ's and artists and we do not support the sharing of files. Please respect the copyright and your role as the end user. (See the FAQ 'Can I share files with my friends?' for more information.)

Can I DJ with files purchased from Beatport?
Yes, buying a track from Beatport is just like buying a record from the record store. The same legal implications are in effect. Beatport has taken the time to create agreements with all labels involved with our site and provide you with digital, legal alternatives to the music you may have purchased on record previously."

As stated, it's like buying a record from a music store, if someone turns up asking you to churn up your mp3's cause there not legal, keep your recorded list on beatport to shove up their noses ;)

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 8:39 pm
vantinedj wrote :
In the US I don't think beatport or any of these are legal. Take a okk at the disclaimer you have to agree to on beatport:

Don't you meant AllofMP3.com instead? The terms you pasted are from AllofMP3.com I think.

www.gomusic.ru is also very cheap but probably illegal since it is so cheap. I hope it isn't.

I get a "The page cannot be found" for the list of stores. :-( I want to see it, sounds good.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 6:14 pm
vantinedj wrote :
In the US I don't think beatport or any of these are legal.

Beatport is 100% legal, but Allofmp3 certainly isn't. And there's no way I'd even trust those dodgy Russian sites with my card details even if it were legal.

Traxsource is the best download site for house music, without a doubt. New version launches next week too.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
bod001PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 6:31 pm

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 6:59 pm

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 9:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)