Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EQ bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just changed the eq tonight in deck 2 ( the bass) and the song skipped i had a 16beat loop on deck 1
and one effect on (North Pole)
Andre

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 1:01 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The issue is known. It seems to appear when your computer has low ressources and only when you use buttons on a skin (not with key shortcuts)

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 2:15 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I have this issue many times, since 1.x versions.
Using the EQfader, but with keyboard shortcuts.
When mixing 2 tracks and move lets say the bassfader, there is a skip/mute sometimes.

Note1: This happens to both tracks, strange but, the 2 tracks remain in sync (if they were in sync before)
Note2: This happens ONLY the first time.
Then i can move the sliders (using keyboard shortcuts) without probs.
(looks like it is a buffer ploblem to me)

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 6:57 am
Same problem here.
But i have this issue ONLY in my desktop (allot of files-internet downloadings-etc.etc.).
And i have not this prob. in my laptop (only for VDJ)

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:04 pm
i have the same problem..seems to be in the begining and then works fine... but not predictable...
maybe it has something to do with the mouse driver?... since i only have problem when using mouse..

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:58 am
No, it is with keyboard too..

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 9:48 am
This happened again tonight and this time i was changing the mid setting with the dj console and got the same results...cpu and commit charge low so its not ressources!
No loop this time just eq only
Andre

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 9:48 am
Its a sound skip, it looks like a buffering problem to me, like vdj is not ready when the user move
the eq sliders.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 9:55 am
I also have the same problem . You have to watch out and not change the hi EQ settings while a song is playing on the other deck.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 2:07 pm
Ok seems to me if i change it with the console slowly its doesnt do anything to the song that is playing,if you inna rush well ther is a 50/50 chance it skips.
I had no problems last night and i used it a lot?????
Andre

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:25 pm
dj_kikiHome userMember since 2004
Well, I had that problem too. I think that VDJ did not load to RAM all efects (including EQ), so, he loads EQs when you start using them first time in night. So there is 2 solutions:

1. When you turn on VDJ, load 2 songs, left & right, and mix them for a few minutes, and then start using EQs and you will not have that problem again.

2. Buy an external mixer. It is a GREAT sollutions + not expensive :) You have fader, EQ's, Kills, all in front of your hands...

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 12:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you start VDJ, the sofware loads the plugins currently let in slots as you have just done a drag'n'drop.
For plugins developers VDJ initializes the function Onload() when VDJ starts

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 12:30 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I work everyday with VDJ and now I'm not using FXs because there is too much problems .
I think : if I like the Fx I need to buy a new Mixer (djm 600 for example)
I have VDJ with turntables (TCV) and the program rocks . I can do loops and samples : It's enought for me ....I have used fx and fader (bass , high and mid)but with some problems -
the big limitation is the bad bpm detection , I think this is the REAL PROBLEM HERE , because with bad bpm I can't do loops , and samples are out of sync - I've tried any music or techno and always the same : wrong bpm (some songs) - the way here must to be READ TAGS and always I can analize my songs with another software -

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 10:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)