Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio too low

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I'm using the DJ Console since a couple of days at two different clubs in barcelona, and my main problem with the console is that the signal is too low. So, I have to use the Gain control almost to the max (not the gain from the console, I had not tried it yet).

I red something about low output in Hercules forums:
"You can connect amplifiers which have a consumer line level input (-10dBV), as a high-fidelity system or multimedia speakers.
If you want to connect an amplifier which has only a professional line level input (+4dBu), as one uses in dancing clubs or in concert halls, you may need to connect in-between a professional preamp, otherwise the sound won’t be loud enough, and in case you set the DJ Console sound level to saturation, the sound becomes bad without catching the level expectedby your professional amplifier.
In case you have rotary gain buttons on the professional amplifier input, you can connect your DJ Console since the gain needed is 12dB.
Amplifiers professional level line input plugs are in general XLR or jack 6.35mm mono plugs. If you have RCA input plugs, or jack 6.35mm stereo input plugs, you should have no problem to connect your DJ Console."

I have gain buttons on the professional amplifier but the signal is still low. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 8:02 am
Please try the "always 0db" in the auto-gain setting (under the FAME tab)

that gives me the same level with the hercules console as my pioneer cd players... both connected to a pioneer mixer. Works like a charm ;)

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 8:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)