Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Beat matching slipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My tracks will not stay in time - fine for a few beats then they slip - I can see the slippage coming in the wavform preview - no matter how many times I press sync it will not bring them back in line - it all worked fine in my trial version, I just bought 5.1 Pro and now no worky :(

I have an HP 6720S laptop - 2GB RAM Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, Vista SP1 SoundMax Integrated HD Audio

I re-installed the software just to make sure and it still happens - I then tried changing latency to a few different settings - same problem in all of them - what bugs me is that it worked fine in my previous version...

Any advice?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 6:34 pm
I am sure there are many reasons why this could be happen but what is adding to my worries about there being a problem with the sw is that the CBG profiles align perfectly but the peaks do not - anyway a few manual pitch controls showed me that when it says 128bpm it was actually 126.2bpm (in one example) - I can manually get the beat matching but it would be nice to be able to use the simple sync button like I could on the trial.....

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 4:53 am
Hi!
The normal beatmatch would beatmatch the both tracks you have in your players on the cbg. If the cbg´s are not aligned perfectly under the beat of the individual track then you get problem that maybe the cgb ist aligned perfectly but the peak isn´t. So I would you recommend to use "sync_no_cgb" under the shortkeys to beatmatch your tracks. Then the tracks will be synced on the peaks. Normally this function is on "Space Bar". So try this please and see if it works for you.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 6:12 am
I'm having the same problem. 5.0.7 has no problems, but 5.1 does. Between this and the lack of support regarding the video recording I'm going to downgrade to 5.0.7. I liked it a whole lot better.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 08 @ 11:52 pm
Same problem for me

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 8:16 pm

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 11:03 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
same here. I have to use the bend buttons much much more to keep tracks that I have synced up and hit play on before.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:20 am
I just got CUE 5.2, and the Sync doesn't work nearly as good as it did in the older trial version of Virtual DJ...apparently it still hasn't been fixed?

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 2:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)