Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Small improvement to Karaoke Plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was really impressed with how the Karaoke Plugin is working but could we make a small and hopefully pretty easy improvement?

For the benefit of being able to read the text produced by the plugin easily, could there be an option to add a background strip behind the text.
Reason being some karaoke tracks use different background colours which can make it difficult to read the text particularly at the end when you get the Sunfly screen for example.

That's all for now.
In the future it would be nice to see the option to show a second karaoke playlist positioned on the skin with the advance button so I don't have to come off fullscreen.
But that's for the future, just now it's good.

Thanks in advance,

Ross M

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 2:11 pm
Obviously I titled this wrongly as it doesn't seem to have attracted any attention from the rest of the community.
Anyone else see the advantages of this?

Ross.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 7:07 pm
I see what you're saying. It's not a bad idea, I just don't know how popular it will ultimately be ;)

Posted Sat 14 Jun 08 @ 10:56 pm
I think you're right on the popularity thing. Obviously not nearly as many people are using VDJ for Karaoke. The plugin is already built, it just needs a slight modification to make this work too. Ultimately it'll make the plugin more usable and it could certainly be an option to include a background colour under the text.
A bit like the highlight feature in Microsoft Word although I'd prefer the option to just create an entire strip along the bottom of the screen.
Just like MTV and the other music channels usually put the titles on a bg strip because they don't know what colour or images the text is going to be displayed over.

Ross M

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 6:16 am
Yes, your idea would work somewhat like the titler plugin in VDJ.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 12:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)