Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: headphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

this might sound like a realy stupid question..

how is one able to use their headphones with this software, i mean you cannot plug them in to your speakers because than there is no sound at all...

plz help me

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:21 pm
You need to have the full version to prelisten...its well worth the money
Andre

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:41 pm
but my window shows a volume meter for the headphone but i can't figure out where is hould plug my headphone in...

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:44 pm
With the full version and the right sound configuration this volume would control your head phones thru an external sound card or mixer
Andre

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:46 pm
The headphone option will only work with the full version of VDJ not with a demo or cracked version

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 6:37 pm
Just like everyone else said, you need the full version of VDJ and an external MIXER with TIMECODED VINYLS, XP-10, HERCULES DJ CONSOLE, or other type of mixing harware. That's where you'll be conecting your headphones, on the mixing hardware.

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 8:33 pm
But I do have an external mixer a realy small one though, but i just don't get it, a pc soundcard has a line in so not a line out than how do i send the sound trough the mixer?

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 7:29 am
You'll need an external soundcard that you'll conect to your PC with a USB cable. CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER makes some affordable ones. To me, the best one out there is the MAYA 44, but that's over $100.00. The SOUND BLASTER does a very good job for under $50.00.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 9:13 am
thx, that's exactly what I needed to know, i just need a mixer that has usb...

thx a lot y'all

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 9:49 am
That's correct. You'll need a mixer that has a built in soundcard (they're expensive), like the HERCULES DJ CONSOLE or get yourself an external soundcard where you'll conect your regular mixer with two turntables and then get the timecoded vinyls from this site (cheapest setup).

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 11:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)