Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hardware Modifications

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have anyone done any to the HDC ?

I really like the functionality of it but the mixer part is not really well-designed, i always bump into something ;-)

So, i'm thinking of removing the level- and crossfader out of the box and place them in a small box (with a clean design) that i can put in front of the console. I'm also going to replace them with ALPs faders (60 or 100 mm). I'm also missing a hardware CUE - PGM fader, so i will add that also.

Yes, i know this could be done with an external mixer, but the ones that i likes are really expensive and i want to use a small box that just fits what i need.

Have anyone done anything like this, any suggestions etc ?

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 9:58 am
that would be really cool !
i have thought about doing so too, but didn't have much time so far.
I thought it might be ineteresting to have a touch-sensitive action on EQ knobs, like pushing the bass knob to kill bass ferqu. for instance. This can be extended to jog wheels, so we could keep them pressed down to stop the playback, and when released, the song will go on (same on real vinyls turntables) ;-)

... but that means a complete re vamped hardware design

hapy new year to all ppl here, i wish U the best !

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 10:12 am
I have also been thinking of adding "kill" buttons for the EQ. It should also be easy to add a Reverse button for the xfader.

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 10:22 am
thats all bright ideas guys,you made me move my a..

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:26 am
goatusHome userMember since 2004
Sounds good.. but I think adding buttons will be extremely difficult. Moving stuff around should be ok. Keep us informed on your progress.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:50 am
First i have another post that describes how i was going to implement the extra keys:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=9100

But i decided to drop that since it would be to hard for others to build and i decided to go for an external Numeric Keypad that i'm bulding into the external "mixer". I use this one:
http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=12837

I have assigned the keys in 3 areas. Left Player, Right Player and Misc. This approach works really well and to be able to controll more features of VDJ from the "Mixer" is great. Moving the Crossfader out of the DJC also makes it easier to controll.

I have ordered a new box to put everything in and after that is done i will provide some images of it.

I have now started on Mixer 2 (of 5): This will use some electronics but still use the DJC functionality for the 2 players. Extra functionality i'm adding is (Planned at the moment):
-Mic input with gain, high and low EQ
-Ch3 with gain,PFL, High Mid and low EQ
-Aux Input
-Headphone CUE-Mix controll
-Rec output
-Internal Headphone amp

This Mixer is USB Powered and will be built in the same kind of box as the one above , including the numeric keypad. The box size is: 170 *115 * 45 mm. So, about the same hight as the DJC but smaller.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 11:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)