Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Power protection

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Obviously we all use a pc or laptop when gigging, so I wondered how you protected your pc/laptop from power surges or power cuts or overload etc.
I am looking at buying a new extension lead which I can plug everything into. This will include;
effects lighting, pc, monitor, amp, mixer, smoke machine etc. I would like an early warning if something was not quite right. This worries me a little because apparently we overloaded the circuits at a small club recently and tripped the power supply. The PC just died. fortunately it was ok, but I want to protect all the gear in future. Comments welcome. Thanks.

Craig

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 11:58 am
There are power bars with surge protection very expensive but well worth it(Radio Shack,Tandy)
also it is not recommended to connect all your toys into one source
You need at least 2 different power sources with a minimun of 15 amps each(Cananda)for any set up
that includes lights and sound
Andre

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 3:56 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 6:32 am
glazHome userMember since 2004
i can't registate my virtual dj o this page... how can i do it???? send to me on: --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry glaz no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 11:59 am
glaz: you can't registered a cracked version on the official web site of Virtual DJ...You have to purchase the LEGAL version

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 9:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)