Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO always give error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

I currently use the Maya44 (original, not MKII) and it works ok with VDJ.

However, I can't get VDJ to work with ANY ASIO driver. I've tried the following:

Maya 44 with it's ASIO driver
Maya 44 with ASIO4ALL driver
RME HDSP9632 with it's ASIO driver
AUDIGY with it's ASIO driver
AUDIGY with KXPROJECT.com ASIO driver

They ALL give "Error in the ASIO sound driver"

I'm planning to get turntables & TC vinyl, but i need to get ASIO working first.

Why? :)

I have the latest version of VDJ running on a XP SP2 machine.

Maby they should consider re-writing the ASIO support ;)

Alex

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 3:06 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yes they should....currently if you want asio you have two options

maya 44 usb
any delta series pci card

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 8:28 pm
WHen using the asio4all did you open the configuration menu? I have mine setup using a mkII to zero latency compensation and the buffer set at 224k. THese option are available when in advance config in the asio own GUI

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 5:03 pm
al000,

The only way I could get ASIO to work (I have delta44 and 66 soundcards) is to NOT USE the ASIO config under SOUNDCARDS.

Use the ADVANCED config instead (also located under SOUNDCARDS). Then you select "Advanced Config..." In that window you can select your soundcard on the left and on the right the channel. I hope this works for you or maybe someone else w a similar problem.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 6:29 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
no! Asio is a standard between all sound cards, if it says asio on the box it should work. However in vdj it does not. This is a very serious problem with vdj, and needs to be fixed. All other programs I own will work in asio mode, except VDJ.

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:10 pm
Works fine for me with M-audio ozone been using asio since august 2-2-24 bit
Andre

Posted Sat 01 Jan 05 @ 5:44 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Works perfect on the delta series. i have the delta 66 running in a low latenct of 1ms
PJay

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 3:49 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
same here m-audio delta 410 1ms latency

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 6:08 am
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
well, then, i guess i should get my self an M-Audio card ;)

thanks,

Alex

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 10:05 am
And if you use the monitor out to listen you will acheive 0 latency....yes 0 its called direct monitoring.
Very cool if you play live chords during your sets
Andre

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 1:22 pm
chelfynHome userMember since 2004
I have a delta 44 and it doesn't work under ASIO - It will recognise TC vinyl under advanced mode setup, but won't let me send output to seperate outs. When I try ASIO mode, it doesn't recognise TC input. :(

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 3:33 am
..every time i open I get "error in the sound driver of direct x" error message.

this should be a simple setup, but I'm getting very close to giving up!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 3:54 am
chelfyn,

I own the Delta44 and it works great in ASIO mode. Set yours up the way I described above. It will work for you if set up properly.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 10:45 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Delta 66 works perfectly here

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 6:04 pm
I've tried! No matter what I set the desks to output to in the advanced config, it *always* outputs everything on wavout3/4 on the delta. :( I';ll keep trying various things...

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:25 am
ALso, as an aside - DJ landry seems to misunderstand zero latency (possibly) - you cannot achieve zero latency for computer generated sound, only for external sources you are monitoring without effecting in any way. this is only useful if you're generating sound from your computer AND using your soundcard as a mixer from external instruments.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)