Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Denon HC4500 and CUE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is a plug-in or mapper that I can use to be able to work my Denon DN-HC4500 with Numark CUE ? Something that will make it work just like VDJ does.

Thanks...ap

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 9:27 am
JP Boggis mapper is in the external tools download's NOW!! its The Muts Nuts!!! you have to try it!!

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 10:33 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The HC-4500 is not directly supported in the Numark product. It is supported through MIDI control mappings using the MIDI capabilities in CUE.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 11:44 am
cstoll wrote :
The HC-4500 is not directly supported in the Numark product. It is supported through MIDI control mappings using the MIDI capabilities in CUE.

Cstoll,

Could give me some directions on this...I did download his mapper ( a .dll file ) and installed in the appropriate folder...according to the instructions...when I click activate MIDI...the MIDI icon on the remote control tab turns green..however, the controller stays dead...

I did the same procedure on a VDJ demo version, except that this time I click the actual pix of the HC4500...and it worked perfect !!!

Do I need a .html file in addition to the .dll that comes with the package ? Do I need to build my own ? If so, how ?

In the meantime, I'm using the controller with VDJ's demo...this will get me through this weekend at least.

Thanks for your time.

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 12:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
aparson wrote :
cstoll wrote :

Cstoll,

Could give me some directions on this...I did download his mapper ( a .dll file ) and installed in the appropriate folder...according to the instructions...when I click activate MIDI...the MIDI icon on the remote control tab turns green..however, the controller stays dead...

I did the same procedure on a VDJ demo version, except that this time I click the actual pix of the HC4500...and it worked perfect !!!

Do I need a .html file in addition to the .dll that comes with the package ? Do I need to build my own ? If so, how ?

In the meantime, I'm using the controller with VDJ's demo...this will get me through this weekend at least.

Thanks for your time.

I don't have Cue, but I think he's saying that the Numark version doesn't natively support the Denon controller, so JPs mapper won't work...

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 6:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That is exactly my point. Custom Mappers are not supported unless their is Native Support already (there is an icon for the controller). Numark CUE users currently have to use the MIDI Configuration in the Remote Control tab and map their own actions to each button of the controller.

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 10:14 am
Not an issue anymore...I'm now with VDJ.

That's what I should have done from the get-go last year....lesson learned.

Thank you anyway for replying to my previous posts.

ap

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 8:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)