Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: serato plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to know what's going on with the serato plugin to use serato vinyl with virtual dj 5.7 because now it's something like 2 months that I work with the VDJ 4.2 which is working very good with the serato box and the serato vinyl and that's so strange that's not working with VDJ 5.7 but the developers are working hard. I feel myself so paintfull that I don't use the new technologie of VDJ 5.7 because librairy of VDJ 4.2 is not so good but I like to scratch with it .... so I Want to introduce myself as a beta tester for the serato plugin please I will work hard on it I make a good test believe me.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 2:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 4:29 pm
Ok,I know that post for a long time and I've tried to compil the code vith virtual basic like they suggest in DSK developpers but I didn't succed that was so many error in the compilated code that I begin to understand this is not so easy to do ... I am not a developper, not at all, I can fix the shortcuts on VDJ but there is no way I will fix the universal timecode engine ... I just want to mix and I want to scratch I spend a year with my hercules Mk2 and My virtual vinyl to realise that my problem wasn't the computer but soundcard so after read full of post I bought the serato box witch is one of the best solution according to some post and when I Tried the ssl vinyl that was the touchin'so perfect that now I cannot play with vdj vinyls anymore because it's not workin good first and second the touchin is nothin compare ... believe me , you just have to try , that why I stick on VDJ 4.2 Because it's wonderfull but I can't play My new M4A from itunes that why want to be a beta tester for the universal plugin Yo

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I might have to buy some Serato vinyls and look into this, seems to be a lot of requests for it...

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:52 pm
--------Also, with or without the plug-in - it is still recommend to use the VirtualDJ Timecode. Using other brand timecode is not a guarantee in performance - it is a AS IS performance---------

I had a doubt for a moment ... So I retry again VDJ 5.5 with VirtualDJ Timecode vinyl
just tried a backspin to realise that the control is limited... For me, VDJ 4.2 with serato vinyl guarantee performance

I Love VDJ and I wish the Team will fix it

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 6:19 pm
hochman64 wrote :
--------Also, with or without the plug-in - it is still recommend to use the VirtualDJ Timecode. Using other brand timecode is not a guarantee in performance - it is a AS IS performance---------

I had a doubt for a moment ... So I retry again VDJ 5.5 with VirtualDJ Timecode vinyl
just tried a backspin to realise that the control is limited... For me, VDJ 4.2 with serato vinyl guarantee performance

I Love VDJ and I wish the Team will fix it

So you tried a version that has been updated twice since it's release. What sound card are you using SL1 ? And what TC mode where you using ? Was the Timecode configured or just defaults after activating it ?

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 8:55 pm
Ok, I will test with VDJ 5.7 and vdj vinyls, my OS is windows XP Pro, I use SL1 sound card, hercules dj MK2 (with mapper) just as midi control for effects and browser + external mixer + 2 Numark TT 500

I use

Relative Mode
Lead time 500
Pitch sensitivty 5000
No Anti skip
No Clear sound
No Smart Cue
No Browse track

Latence auto
Safe Mode Yes
Overclock Yes
Scratch quality
basic interpolation
master tempo Fast

but You know What I mean, if you make a big backspin with VDJ vinyl it doesn't sound, that's why most use the backspin effect to do that

But if you use the A side of serato vinyls it just sound

I'm not playin video and I prefer to mix with VDJ 4.2 to get that touch with the vinyl because it's so close with a real vinyl
I just canot get back to vdj vinyl it would be like go to scratch live after using VDJ just impossible

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 7:53 pm
Well relative is not going to give you the backspin effect like you expect. Change to absolute or smart mode.
Pitch sensitivity is way high. Try 2000. Un-check the SafeMode and Overclock.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 3:35 am
Ok, i tried what with your settings, it's working better but way far from Serrato, reinstalled 4.2 ( sorry to say that but you have to face the truth ).
I'm gonna wait for those plugins.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 6:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)