Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Monitor both decks from headphone out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I got the virtual dj over the holidays. I have the latest update (1.09).

How can I preview both decks (inputs) at the same time via the headphone out? Unfortunately, I can only hear one deck at a time. Selecting the other toggles the current one off and vice-versa.

This is a problem if I want to practice at night and wish to hear the transitions from one deck to the next over the headphones.

I know the dj console is able to do this - as I saw it demonstrated at the Apple Store. However, the software for the mac version is from another competing company. This software allowed you to activate both decks (instead of a toggle from one deck to the next) .

So, is there a fix, update, or missing setting I am overlooking that allows both decks to be "on" at the same time from the headphone jack?

Thanks!

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 10:38 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had this problem too, which realy annoyed me as ive always been used to listening to both at once in the headphones before a mix.

it can be sorted out but not with the console. you have to either use a skin that lets you crossfade the headphones or create keyboard shortcuts for it. I believe its labeled as headphone mix in the keyboard shortcuts.
i have 3 keyboard shortcuts- 1 = half volume of the outside deck in the headphones
the second = gives full volume of both decks in the headphones
and the third = turns the headphone mix off
hope this helps. let me know if you need anymore information

PJay

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 2:43 am
also i dont think you can get that many skins with the dj console version of vdj. so you might have to go the shortcut route

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 2:44 am
Thanks - but I don't think this solution will work for me - as I would prefer to use the DJ Console to provide the functionality. That is the point of having an external device.

If I have to pay to get a full version, I might as well get the competitors version that "does" allow you to activate both decks at the same time.

I really would like to avoid this route and am hoping that a rep. from Virtual DJ can address this issue with a real solution or update.

Any chance?

PS.. so how can I activate my unit if I am constantly told I am behind a firewall when I am not... Is there not any other method to prove I am a valid owner? Frustrated.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 7:33 pm
as for activating the console i had that problem.
i had to first disable windows firewall and then i think i temperaraly lowered security or privacy or something like that in internet explorer. then i reopened vdj console edition and then it regestered it.
then just put all your setting back to normal. hope this helps

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 2:13 am
For prelisten both decks when using headphones, you can, as said before, use the headphone mix slider that many skins have.

OR, you could make a keyboard shortcut, and assign this shortcut to a button on the console, lets say the "prelisten" button. This would make you able to listen to both decks when pressing the button.

VirtualDJ is in many ways possible to make work the way you want, by using different skins or making your own keyboard shortcuts, either assigned to a key at keyboard, or to a button on the console

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 8:57 am
Does anyone have links to get these skins with crossfader headphone inputs as discussed here in forums? Thanks.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 2:34 pm
Almost all advanced skins have such sliders, called headphone mix (such as Mixstation skin, Pioneer 700 skin and more)

You can download them from skin downloads

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 8:39 am
Hmmm... just a thought. But maybe having an option to reassign the console Crossfader from the (VDJ internal) Mixtables Crossfader to Headphone crossfading would be nice. Would free me of the keyboard shortcut workaroung. Guess I´d like that!

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 1:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)