Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "DISTORTED" SOUND

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, I'm using V2.06 and noticed that after a while the output sound starts to sound slightly distorted, sort of as if I had a recording level too high. I have tried toggling the limiter and auto gain to all settings, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyone have this problem and/or solutions?
I am using a Toshiba P35, P4, 3.0, 1gig ram, Windows Multimedia.
Thanks,
Nancy

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 9:47 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hm... don't really have a solution. But in my case I do sometimes notice that when altering pitch from it's normal position sometimes veery slightly (very hard to notice), decreases higher frequencies of the track (no matter the pitch direction +/-, with master tempo off). Though I'm guessing you're experiencing clipping like issue, I'm wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Maybe you shold record a short (up to 4 seconds) sample of that "distorted" sound (and also provide an original short sample), so we could hear what exactly you mean? Maybe it would help...

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 12:41 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Are you enabling Time Stretching? if so, try disabling it and see if it still happens. IMHO the time stretching algorithm alters the signal too much, even when only varying slightly from the 0% position.

A hint about autogain, if you choose to keep it disabled: I have it disabled too because I run all my tracks through mp3gain at 89db first. It's a freeware that normalizes mp3 files without altering the signal itself, it only adjust the gain bit of each frame, and does a kick ass job at it. If you want to check it out, be careful! you'll have to re-analyze your tracjs through VDJ.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 2:33 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you try the "allways 0db" option ?
If the gain is over 0db you will sure have your sound distorded.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 2:58 am
I had it happen when using asio and switch to the basic setup then back to the low latency asio then when into the asio driver menu then reconfigured the timecode as everything was fine.

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 5:05 pm
nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you all for the suggestions, I will try changing some settings..
Nancy

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 10:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)