Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Camera And Internal TV Tuner

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to play around with video features and can't seem to get the camera plug in to work with my giga pocket PVR. I activate the plug in, turn on my camera and nothing, none of three buttons in the camera effects config. do anything either. Am I missing something?;^]

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 8:49 am
Anybody? My specs are Sony Vaio, P4 3.2 ghz with HT, 2 gb RAM, Giga Pocket PVR, Radeon 9200 (128 mb). My camcorder is a Sony dcr hc21. I've tried it connected to the Giga Pocket via S Video and streaming through USB with the same results. I'd really like to get this plugin working so I can use it for first dances, cake cutting, etc. when doing weddings;^]

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 8:09 am
I also had major issues with my Avermedia digital card, but solution was never found, I ended up buying an expensive webcam instead! as the plugin is really only desinged for these.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:50 am
I don't get it, other users are using Sony Handycams so I don't see why there's would work and not mine. Worst comes to worst I'll just use a video switcher to flip between VDJ output and my camcorder. Still, it'd be nice to get this plugin working, my cam works great for everything else, great videocam and a great webcam;^]

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:58 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
[quote=Timmyg1978]

I activate the plug in, turn on my camera and nothing

daft question but have you tried switching on your camera before activating your plug in, may or may not help but if you haven't tried it....

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 5:41 am
lol... yes of course, I even tried turning off my cam & then closed VDJ, turned the cam back on & then restarted VDJ, still nothing nomatter whether I'm connected via USB or S Video. It's a bit frustrating, I would think the pop up menu should appear either way;^]

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 5:53 am
I posted your answer to your prayers on the GENERAL FORUM thread.....

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 7:39 pm
After starting windows load your VJ program and the walk away from it for about 15 minutes the activate the plugin . If all of your direct X drivers are updated it should work fine then, windows takes its time loading direct x files unless they are called properly - or do what I do play a Microsoft game with heavy direct x use like (Fable) then start your gig.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)