Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer Interaction with VDJ Using TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am on the brink of buying turntables, mixer and TCV. The software is unbelievable but I still want the hardware feel. I made a post on another unrelated thread regarding recording using this method. I have heard some info back on that topic, thanks aposis. Didn't hear many definitive answers about recording using external hardware setups.

After learning about how this technically hooks up, I have another question. Can you use an external setup for mixing? What I'm specifically questioning is does the mixer somehow link with VDJ so when you move the crossfader on the mixer it moves the crossfader on the software? Understanding that there is no Mixer input back to the computer (hence the challenges with recording) I'm starting to think that you can't mix with an external mixer. What I'm hoping is possible is that other then changing songs/using effects/samples that I don't have to touch VDJ and I can do everything externally to mix and scratch. I appreciate any info, thanks.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 3:10 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just leave the crossfader within VDJ in the middle and you'll get your two seperate outputs. for recording you then take one of the line outs of the mixer and then usea line input on your soundcard to record whats coming out of your mixer its as easy as that.
note that you have to use an external recording program, there are heaps around i use soundforge and then sonic foundary cd architect to split the recording and compile the cds.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 6:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)