Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJ visualizations reacting to music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kal99Home userMember since 2008
Hey folks,

I apologize if this has been addressed before.
Is there any way to make VDJ's visualizations respond/react to the music at all...the same way winamp's visualizations do?
I really like to option of having videos at dance parties but I'm not a pro & I'm not going to keep tons of video clips on my laptop. Plus a lot of the songs i have are mixes which would look cool with visuals reacting to the music.

I did some research and couldnt find anything at all on this. I also didnt get a response from the VDJ dev. team.

As a work-around, if there was a way to get the music from VDJ to plugin with an outside program like winamp or Soundspectrum G-force I'll go for that.

Any insights?

Thanks
K.

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 1:05 am
No plugin to allow use of an external vis, hiwever you can use VDJ's internal pluugin "Sonique" I think its included in the package, you may just need to download the the SVP pack http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=4207 for sonique from the video plugins page on the website. These vis's will react to the music you play within VDJ.
Just add them all to a folder, and go into Effects/Video Effects, then click SONIQUE and tell the plugin where the SVP files are, and set to slideshow ect. when you press activate they should run providing your using Hardware Renderin (Most are) in the config panel. For a even better sow, set SONIQUE in Config/Video in "Use This Plugin For Audio Only Files" so everytime you play an mp3, sonique will run by its self, then stop on your next music video.

Note you will need to enter your serial no in your user panel on the forum, as only regestered used can download plugins.

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 3:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)