Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mixing through a x-mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what do i need to be able to pre listen to one channel while the other is playing. useing a external-mixer

ps.i have a laptop
thanks in advance

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 9:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have two possibilities of output on laptops: usb or pcmia card.
The Maya 44, external sound card, use usb. Depending on what you want...

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 9:31 am
where can i find these cards, price and can i use a stero/mono splitter

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 9:50 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sun 26 Dec 04 @ 5:51 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can use a stereo splitter. (a cable with a stereo headphone mini jack on one end, and 2 rca plugs on the other end.)
adapt the 2 rca ends to fit your needs.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 7:09 am
DJ Rick,

If you do it this way, how do you listen to the other deck with headphones while the other is playing to the club? Also, if you hook it to external mixer this way, how do you use the right click preview function while both decks are loaded and one is playing? Can you do any of this with the default VDJ Skin?

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 11:27 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have an external mixer you can simply prelisten with it.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 1:02 pm
Yes, plug the headphones into the mixer. Now you have 2 seperate channels from your laptop into the mixer. As one of those channels is playing through the speakers, and you can listen to the other with the headphone.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 8:04 am
After you plug the headphones into the mixer, I am guessing you just hit the deck 1 or 2 button on VDJ to allow you to listen to the other deck?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 9:34 am
One last thing. Which configuration are you using? Are you using one soundcard -stereo splitter to external mixer, or are you using one soundcard-stereo splitter-headphones-external mixer?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 9:59 am
The stereo splitter config does not work with every sound card :(

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 1:21 pm
A stereo splitter should work with any sound device that has only 1 stereo output.
1 sound device, stereo splitter/mixer. Be sure to plug the 2 ends of the splitter into different channels on the mixer.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 3:34 pm
Tried with one soundcard (Soundblaster)and i get sound leakage from one channel to the other
with a stereo splitter even tried a different kind of spiltter with the same results.
So no it does not work with every souncard

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 10:19 pm
Hi there.I just got DJMixStation3 feat. Virtual DJ Home Edition for a Christmas present.Very cool software but I'm sitting with a problem.In the sound config settings I can't use my external mixer because I don't have the professional version.Here is my problem,do I have to download the the whole professional version or can I just upgrade my current software and how do I go about it. Help please?

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 2:22 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 8:48 am
Hi!

I have one more question to mixing with an external mixer. I think I have read you can also use the dj console instead of the Maya Soundcard for mixing with an external device. But couldn´t find the thread again so I´m writing here.

Is there any advantange of using this combination Dj Console as soundcard + external Mixer than only using the Dj Console for mixing?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)