Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sounds Stupid but I am a new user

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok here goes and I apoloize if this is a dumb question. I bought the DJ Console for my son. I have widows xp and have an Audigy 2 sound card with a 2.1 Cambridge Soundworks speaker system with a subwoofer.

I installed everything which seems fine. When I tried to play the sample songs I could not get them to air over the speakers. We can hear them over the headphones but not the speakers. I am assuming of course that the console will play over the USB cable through to my computer and onto my soundcard and out of the speakers etc. Is that right or do I have to connect the speakers direct into the DJ Console. I tried this in the rca plugs in the back for 1 and 2 and I did get some sound but very low in volume. I have trouble believing that is the way to do it as then my Windows media player etc. does not work. What I need is an idiots guide to the proper setup and then why it does not work.

Someonle please help me.

Tks,

Stephen

Posted Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 12:59 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The USB cable does not transmit the sound back to the computer, as I understand it.

Use the outputs of the Hercules Console to run it into your computer's soundcard, or into the back of your home stereo.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 04 @ 4:49 pm
The console version will play the music through the console, using the console outputs.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 10:42 am
The console is a sound card on it's own with some midi comands programed in. try to se other post's to resolve all other problems.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 12:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)