Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Reverb Delay / Effect Sends/Inserts - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi All,

I need help trying to figure out how to use a delay. I've downloaded some of the Free VSTs and it doesnt appear to do what I need it to. At first I thought it was an issue with the effects but Im now starting to realize it might actually be a VDJ problem.

So basically I want to use a delay effect that echos out so I can do transitions between songs... (see attached YouTube clip for example)

When I use any delay effect in VDJ it will work while the record is playing however it will not echo out. I can do this in Torq however I rather use VDJ since its a much better program. I'm assuming VDJ needs some type of Insert/Sends in the program to create this? Either way can someone help me set this up or tell me if its possible. I rather not use external effects as I dont have a unit and the mixer i have now does not have aux inputs.

Please tell me this can be done with VDJ...this feature and possible rewire will convince me to become a professional user for life...

FYI - my boy has the professional version and the delay still does not trail out so I know its not the version of VDJ I have.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 5:41 pm

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 11:23 am
Been looking for the same. There is one called ECHO that can work on deck 1. You can use the "mute" option, it will continue to echo out the song for a small loop, muting the original song.

Its a shame VDJ can't continue an effect while the song is paused. There has to be a way to accomplish this??

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 10:23 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dre99gsx wrote :
BIts a shame VDJ can't continue an effect while the song is paused. There has to be a way to accomplish this??

If there ever where too be such a thing it would only be available to licensed pro users......hope to see you as a licensed user soon....

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 10:44 pm
I'll register my demo copy when this becomes available. Otherwise I'll continue using my DXM06.

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 7:10 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
dre99gsx wrote :
BIts a shame VDJ can't continue an effect while the song is paused. There has to be a way to accomplish this??

If there ever where too be such a thing it would only be available to licensed pro users......hope to see you as a licensed user soon....

Its a shame because if there was ever such a thing I would actually stop using Torq...turn my head to buying Serato and actually upgrade to the licensed version but no need to spend $300 on something my $200 program does now does it....

FYI that was a real shitty response...it didnt help much u was better off just saying no it cant do it. I would have much more respect for u right now. VDJ aint the best product for you to be giving responses like that turning off potential users.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 11:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sorry you feel that way tweed but I have guidelines I operate under as well.....and it does not change the fact that pluggins are available only too licensed professional users....and I do hope too see you as a pro user soon....

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 10:33 am
I ended up creating my own VST. It is slated to be freeware, but do exactly what your talking about. I and others are desperate to have a true tape-echo-out effect that many mixers including my DXM06 do. I'm in the process of sending it VDJ plugin section, hopefully it will be a free download from here. If not, I am going to see about seting it off somehwere for free. There are hundreds of free VST plugins, but due to the VDJ engine, none of them seem to work properly with tape-echo-fade-out. My VST will cut the sound but not the echo. I've used it live in a show already, but my damn VDJ demo is running out. Serato is nice but VDJ has so much more potential. Don't turn your back on it now.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:50 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:18 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The best effect ever has been improved:-)

A big thank for dre99gsx

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 5:45 am
I justed added this plugin and it doesnt work for me

Posted Mon 11 May 09 @ 12:05 pm
The .ini file is created after loading the effect the first time.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 3:48 pm
sischo wrote :
The .ini file is created after loading the effect the first time.

Yes I see now. But the control parameters in VDJ doesn't work for me. You need to have the control window open to adjust the parameters.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 9:35 pm
What do you mean?
Can you explain me better that?

Posted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 2:27 am
What I mean is on some effects such as the ones native to VDJ, you can control the parameters from the effects section of the skin you're using. For example with the brake effect you can set the brake time by the control knob and flanger you can control depth and time from the skin without going to the effect section of the browser. With this effect in order to change the parameters or settings you need to open the effects portion of the browser and then open the control window to do so. What I would like to see for this effect is control straight from the skin like brake and flanger. I mean it's no big deal, but it would make the control much more efficient being able to do so from the skin and would make it mappable to your midi control.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 7:21 am
I understand.

It can't be done because this is a VST effect while Brake and Flanger are effects developed for VDJ.
You could assign effect sliders at your MIDI device and you could handle this effect by your MIDI controller.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 12:26 pm
I need to correct myself:
I am trying but the effect we are talking about works good as well:

Posted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 3:57 pm
Ok I think it was the skin I was using. I switched to the VDJ Full Mixer Skin and now the effect sliders work. Parameter knob #1 controls the feedback and parameter knob #2 controls the mix. You still have to go into the control window in the effect skin to choose your delay time but that is no big deal. It seems though in this skin the control window opens automatically where as the other skin I was using you had to open the window manually. I guess the skin you're using has a effect on how the effects work too. I'm using ver 5.1 Pro and I think the skin was for an earlier version.

What would be killer is a control switch on the skin to control the fade out switch! But still a great effect anyway. Thanks for your input.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 8:26 pm
In the skin I showed you, you only have 2 knobs and you can't control more than 3 parameters.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 2:34 am
its to bad a lot of u use midi controllers. w/ mapping buttons instead of old school equipment where u couldnt hav to be squirling around for nuts.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 2:49 am
95%