Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bug with WMA files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, i just analyzed all my tracks but for some reason it only did them 50% and now i cannot play the second half of any of my tracks back using VirtualDJ. they work fine in Windows Media Player. I'm wondering if there is a way to analyze 100% off my tracks and thus restore them to their full length.

I'm using Virtual DJ1.09 with a dj console. Windows Media PLayer 10 and the files are WMA 160 or WMA192

Posted Tue 21 Dec 04 @ 8:15 am
why are you using version 1.09? You know that the full version that you have bought offers better support for the console, as well as a lot of new features and bugs ironed out? ;)

Please try with the latest version, 2.06, and see if you still have the wma problem.

Posted Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 6:03 am
Yes I have the same problem with 2.06 and i'm not alone when i'm looking at others forums.

Two bugs in Virtual DJ with WMA files :

V1.09 only detect 50% of duration on a WMA files with WMP 9 or 10

Virtual DJ 2.06 don't detect at all WMA files if Windows Media Player 10 has only been install on the PC, without installing Windows Media Player 9 before.

Posted Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 8:03 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is not a solution to your problem, but a suggestion !

Try to use file formats that are "standards" and not changing every time ...
For example wav, mp3 etc hasn't changed at all, mp3 has been more than a decade old...
wma format are changing every ..year for M$marketing reasons you have always to have the latest codecs installed, and the latest patch.. so more trouble.

On the video side for example, divx is wonderfull, but it changes every little,
but mpeg 1 and 2 is the standard... you see every hardware dvd player support mpeg (dvd/video cd etc)
and mp3, but very few support divx, and ..wma (maybe non..)
Think about it.
After all why you mess with M$.. they want only your money...

Posted Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 11:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)