Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Installing New Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How do I install new skins in Version 5.07.

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 9:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just run the .exe installer for the skin it does the rest they will then apear under config > skins

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 6:00 am
First off. Log onto the website, go to Download, then skins and download the skin that you want. Then just find it on your PC and install it

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 3:54 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mdj

with respect to skyfxl & mad maxx maybes a more detailed explaination maybe required, and yourself and anyone else that is a little nervous about doing this for the first time, if you follow this sequence you should be good to go on the skins plug ins but you will find it is slightly different when trying to install a video effect plug in after downloading in some instances, although similar if you need an explanation on that help is always here... anyway here we go >

go to downloads > plug ins > select skins > choose skin > download to > select documents/vdj/plug ins/skins > download > after download open up the folder you have downloaded to > now select the red box with your chosen skin > double left click on this and it should install itself you will get confirmation when it has > open up vdj > go to config > skins > select skin you want to use and close config > you should now see our chosen skin as your player of choice... if i've remembered the correct sequence you should be good to go, hope that helps

Tayla

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:10 pm
med1223Home userMember since 2008
thank you ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 3:12 am
Ive downloaded and installed several skins in 5.7 just by clicking on the red giftbox installer ....then pressing run...instal completee.

Put some older skins that claim compatibility with 5.7 though up message cant find vdj, must install it first.

ive even tryed manually putting these insiide skins folder in vdj in my doc still dosnt work.

How can I install these skins.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 8:38 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
@nitebeatdisco I realize your experiencing some issues with older skins. I sent this link to our Skin Master DJFORMAT I am sure he will answer your questions as soon as possible. Please be patient.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 9:54 pm
I have has this same issue - but i managed to get around it...........

I am running Windows Vista Premium and when i initially installed VDJ i was using an administator account - but when running the program i was using an alternative user.

When i downloaded and attempted to install a new skin via the alternate user i was getting an error message saying that the system could not find VDJ. There are two ways around it that i have found - uninstall VDJ and use the correct user to reinstall, or install the skins as an administrator.

Not sure if this will fix your problem but the fault sounds very similar - good luck.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 3:54 pm
After some more testing ive discovered that this problem is only with the older skins, as ive kept all my old versions I unistalled 5.07 and installed
version 3, the problem skins install in Programs/ Virtualdj/ skins as a zip/rar file if these are then put in my documents/ virtualdj/ skins
Cant garentee they work with 5 but hey there old skins.....thanks for your help

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 4:45 am
I found the folder and placed the skin in the folder. The folders are in a different location from the older versions of VDJ

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 9:44 pm
kajchiHome userMember since 2009
How am i supposed to put a pioneer skin on the virtual dj 6 pro??

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 5:23 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
unfortunately trial users can't download skins, you will need to be a pro user to get full benefit of being able to change skins.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 8:47 pm
i have a mac & cant figure out how to get the skin on it. dose anybody know how to do it on a mac?

Posted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 8:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)