Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke, M4P (iTunes), and other questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm thinking of purchasing Virtual DJ 2, but I need to know if it does karaoke. I see no mention of it in the manual, and it is not listed on any of the features. If it does not do karaoke currently, is it based on a Winamp or WMP core and tehrefore able to use plugins for either of those players?

Second, will it play M4P files? Winamp has a plugin for this, so if VDJ2 can use winamp plugins I'm ok. If not...

What media types are supported? Obviously MP3, but will it play midi? Flash? DiVX? etc?

Any visualizations? Can I hook up a web cam pointed to the dance floor and diplay it's output on a second monitor for the audience to see?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 10:41 pm
VDJ handles Karaoke very well. It is the only solution I would ever use.I have just added 2200 mp3+g files to my system. Along with my 13,000 songs makes for a complete system.You need a tv out or a vedio card with extended desktop support and another monitor for the graphics.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 12:23 am
I got the hardware side down. I build DJ PCs and sell them to other DJs. :)

I'm curious about the software though. Does it look anything like Winamp with the karaoke plugin, or is it more WMP style? Also, will it play from zip files, or do I have to unzip all my music and compress the folder?

I also want to start offer video jockey services, so I'd like to know if it will play DiVX compressed files. Does it work with WMD enabled devices, or does it try to handle all the codec and plug in on its own? How much gets passed off to Windows?

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 12:54 am
All I know is it plays my mp3+g .You do not have to compress the files.Also there is no change in the program except for a small window so you can view the graphics if you don't have duel monitor support or tv out. The plugin is already in the program so you don't have to install it. I will post some pictures this weekend so you can see what I mean.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 7:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)