Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Webcam format changes not applied

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, I'm not shure this is a bug, maybe only an uncompatibility.
I have a webcam, and when try to change the video format, changes are not applied.
I am shure of this. The webcam (trust:"150 spacecom poratble") had a snapshot button that give an image in the current format (It works with all my others programs). But with VDJ the format still to be 352x288 and the image looks scrambled (so I can't use V-scratch or v-control).
I use XP, DirectX9, the last Catalyst driver(3.6) for my ati all-in-wonder radeon, the only xp driver available for the webcam.

PS:It seems to be the same problem when I try to capture from my ATI.

Any idea? pleaaase?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 9:46 pm
Well no idea, but if it brings you any comfort, think about the low capture rates of web cam and how it would work if it worked, if you have my imagination, you can see it's pretty useless feature. Atleast i haven't heard anyone say how great feature it is. My opinion is that time would have been better spent making the program more robust instead of including some video capture feats, which are notorious for the format problems. I occasionally watch TV and so on in my PC screen, and you wouldn't believe how often it requires some extra effort to get the formats right..

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 9:16 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hum...
For PC TV, I haven't any problem and the ATI all in wonder is far better that my old Guillemot MaxiTV PCI2 (bad image). It give a perfect picture, of course better than a TV!
All work well, and I allways can change formats in others programs. But with VDJ... I don't know why. :(

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 10:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)