Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How to map controller to VST

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

neokyolHome userMember since 2008
Hi. I was considering buying VirtualDJ. I currently use a reduced version of Ableton Live, but I've trying VDJ and I think it's much better and simpler for what I'm trying to do live. I've found only ONE problem with it.
I put into VDJ some of my favourites VST fx plugins. They work great. But the problem appears when I try to map my controllers to the parameters of the VST. I know I have the limitations of the number of parameters I can control. And also the limitations that I can only map for example an specific slider to a generic virtual slider for all VSTs and not for a particular VST parameter. But is there any way to remap the virtual sliders to specifics parameters of each VST?

For example:
I have my slider number 046 mapped to virtual slider number 1.
When I use my reverb VST, the virtual slider number 1 is automatically mapped to the wet parameter of my reverb. And that's great.
But when I use my filter VST, the virtual slider number 1 is automatically mapped to a parameter that it's useless for me. And that sucks, because my slider number 046 is useless with my filter and I'm short of sliders (I actually don't have 46 sliders, lol! It's just an internal code).

Is there any way to remap the parameters or is there any workaround for this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Federico

Posted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 8:19 am
neokyolHome userMember since 2008
I notice there are .ini files in the SoundEffect folder, each containing the full parameter list in some order and the value of each parameter. Maybe there is a way to specify here the top 5 parameters to be able to control. Any programmer of VDJ could help?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)