Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vdj database Vdj browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

i would like to mention that VDJ doesn't recognize already-analysed-songs (in folders browser) if they have been modified with a tool like "mp3gain".
In database, they are still present if you browse it, but if you want to go through your directories tree, they are displayed like new songs (without comments/bpm..).

If you could find some fix for that or some functions like merge database data with folders browser data...
(and no, i have tried to make a quick analysis, it's worse, you even loose all your comments/bpm in database if you do so).

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 11:10 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
...I'ts not a bug... it's a feature...
really !

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 1:23 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah, a questionable feature :)

I say dump the filesize and just use the filename as unique identifier.

That being said, I often use mp3gain (set to 89db) too, before analysing tracks thru VDJ. I like it a lot, it gives great results, and it lets you turn off the auto-gain in VDJ. But since part of VDJ's analysis is gain analysis, you would probably want to re-analyse your track anyway after you've modified its gain throughout (mp3gain adjust the gain bit of each mp3 frame).

Nicolas

Posted Mon 06 Dec 04 @ 8:49 am
metkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
>you would probably want to re-analyse your track anyway after you've modified its gain throughout (mp3gain adjust the gain bit of each mp3 frame).

It's not that i want but after having analysed and cued my new songs for a whole night, i decided to raise the gain of all my files and it was nice to see at the beginning of the party on the evening that i had nothing left of my hard work the night before..

Thanks djbambi for your interesting hint, gonna do this now cuz i don't want to re-work on all my files.

It would be nice to customise this way a gui option in config panel.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)