Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SMX1 XF-FX by Deun Deun

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I really like this effect. I'm not sure if its my controller (A&H Xone:3D) but when I deactivate the effect, it activates the keylock, which is very irritating and essentially preventing me from using the effect at all. (1, I would never use keylock during a track already playing, and 2 doing so causes the mix to go out because of the jump in cpu cycles). If the owner of this would kindly specify if this can be disabled in the INI file (I already tried though) or fix this in the source, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
p.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 11:12 pm
Hi Paz75
As one of the FX (ZIP) uses the keylock. So it is not possible to disable it.
but maybe a new version of the plugin will arrive. To be continued...

Posted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:26 am
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Will wait then :-). But a suggestion if you could make the keylock more optional since not all the FX use it, it shouldnt engage.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 6:46 am
Hii there Paz, just a question.

Is there a reason you don't use keylock all the time? If you did then I that would solve the problem wouldn't it? But then I'm sure there's a reason why you don't use it.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 10:36 am
Hehe, thats a good question, really. I dont need it. I mix in key by careful track selection. It's also the type of music i play, very tracky chicago house, not required to keylock actually. Call it old die-hard vinyl habits...

The effect in question has 4 modes, of which I only use 1 and it doesnt need the keylock. My comment was that it doesnt use keylock, but it depends on how Deun Deun has coded it. Hopefully there will be a modified version which improves upon this. :)

Posted Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 1:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)