Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Program crashes when loading certain songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ will crash when loading certain songs if you have the BPM setting set to (any music) in the fame settings .It seems to crash with songs with a high BPM when loading the song.This is with the 2.06 update.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 6:20 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should ask to e-service to upload the song which make VDJ crash onto the Atomix ftp site.
This way the staff could check if there's really a bug.

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 12:18 pm
All you have to do is set the bpm engine setting to all music and start selecting songs sooner or later one of them will crash I had several it seems its the ones that showed a high bpm .The feature has a big problem .If you set the bpm engine back to tecno/hiphop everthing is fine.

Posted Sat 04 Dec 04 @ 7:17 pm
The song I was loading was a Karaoke song . I think it crashed when it was loading the file because of the part of the song with no music that displays the song title and copyright . If you put the song in an editor and remove the front portion of the file the program doesn' crash when loading the song. But that cant be dont because the song would not match the words. You can edit the end of the song but not the beginning.The BPM engine must go crazy when the setting is set to all music.This only happens in certian songs that show high BPM number.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 2:13 am
I just played about 40 karaoke songs with 2.06 at last night's Christmas party without an issue. Maybe it's something in your settings... or the type of karaoke file you have.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 3:09 am
It's just a few files but it only does it when the BPM engine is set to (all files). What is yours set to?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 5:34 am
All files.. DOn't have this problem. Try to trouble shoot. Write down the tracks this happens with. Are they encoded different? Do they play in another program? There is usually some sore of reason this would happen and it's usually simple. I went crazy for a week when I was getting a skip in my songs away from home. It ended up being my wireless modem. I know have to deactivate my wireless modem when I go on gigs because it will make all of my tracks skip. But I had to keep trying things until I found out the problem. And asking on this board always helps... Good luck.. Let me know if you find anything out further. I use the karaoke a lot!

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 6:37 am
All I did to stop the problem was change the BPM engine setting back to tecno/hip hop. The problem went away after that. So that is the problem it isn't something else.You did not answer my question what is your BPM setting . All files or tecno/hip hop? Don't you want to answer the question?

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 9:07 am
It is sent to all music... Sorry.. I put all file by mistake..

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 6:14 pm
I am going to have to send them a song so they can see. They are riped from Chartbuster CDG's so I am going to see if I can upload a file to them.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 6:42 pm
I wish you luck digital. You are more then welcome to send it to me and I will give it a try. Being your a full user you sould be able to click on my icon and go to my website or get my email.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 10:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)