Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording to CD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

aifatcHome userMember since 2004
I've been at this for hours now and I KNOW that I'm missing something really simple. I downloaded a song from ITunes, converted to a wav file and then adjusted the pitch to shorten the duration of the song by 3 seconds. When I try to record it, my only options are .bin and .cue. How do I get it to disk?
I can't drag back to Itunes nor Easy Cd Creator...what other options or software should I be using to record it to a cd?

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 4:34 am
Use Windows Media. Should be easy. Make sure your recordable drive is up and running under My Computer. Then Burn the disc and conver it back to mp3 using a ripping software. The new Windows Media can do that also (Not sure if you have to pay for an upgrade on that or not still. I did once. $20.00) That is how I conver Napster.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 4:37 am
aifatcHome userMember since 2004
Thanks so much...sorry, I'm a novice. After taking a break and looking at everything with new eyes, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using the wrong option under Record. I should have been saving it "to a single file" (wav)...instead of trying to save to a ready to burn cd file (.bin or .cue)
Thanks again for dealing with a newbie.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 5:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)