Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCode, External Mixer and Recording Problems!!! Help - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ Crash707 wrote :

Went to config / Picked Timecodes / Picked VDJ Timecode CD's / External Mixer - Deck 1 CH 1&2 / Deck 2 CH 3&4 / Asio Sound card is the only option I am getting with this set up and get: error in the Asio sound driver!

Thats the heart of your issue probably.
It requires the AA ASIO driver to be installed. Its not available in the AA website. It should be on the VirtualDJ LE Disc.
Once the ASIO drivers are installed you should be able to choose ASIO for Sound card and the ADJ ASIO from the list right next to that.
Inputs :Timecodes
Outputs : External Mixer (Deck 1 Ch 1,2 - Deck 2 Ch 3,4)
SOund card : ASIO (ADJ ASIO from the list)

Posted Mon 24 Mar 14 @ 9:39 am
I have two stanton t.55 usb turn tables and a stanton m.201 mixer what else would i need to be able to hook it up to virtual dj. I would love to use them but cant figure out how to connect. will i need a sound card? What kind of records should i buy... Etc. i really want to make mixes with them but i need help please give me recommendations of products i may use. Would appreciate the help and thanks again.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 1:09 am
Hi

You've posted in a rather dark corner of the forum (old thread, unrelated to your question) but to answer.....

Yes, in order to use what you have with VDJ you will need an audio interface. You could then control VDJ from timecoded vinyl.

Instead of your deck audio outputs feeding directly into your mixer, their outputs (the timecode signal) would feed into VDJ via the audio interface, where it would then control playback of music stored on your hard drive back out of VDJ via the same audio interface - so you'd need two stereo inputs (for the decks) and two stereo outputs (for the VDJ outputs to feed your mixer).

See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Timecode%20Requirements.html and further VDK wiki links

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 5:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)