Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCode, External Mixer and Recording Problems!!! Help - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Windows Vista
intel(R) core(TM) cpu T5200 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
RAM 1014MB
32-bit os

2 Gemini TT01, Cintronic pro3 mixer, ESI Maya44 usb soundcard and VDJ 5 + VDJ TCs

Basicaly my maya44 is conneted to my laptop, turntables are connecting into the corresponding inputs on the maya44, i also have two phono connectors running from the corresponding output of my maya44 into the corresponding channles on my external mixer. In sound setup, inputs is two time codes, outputs is external mixer, sound card is ASIO and soundcard driver is maya44usbaudio asio driver.
when i open virtual dj and load songs on both decks, if i drop the niddle on any of my turntables, the song will play instantly, scratching is on point works perffectly(niceeee). If i move the pitch control on my gemini turntables, the picth icons on virtual dj responds to it in no time(good stuff lol). what could go wrong now......

Well.. first question lol if i move the crossfader on my external mixer, the crossfader icon on virtaul dj does not move.. basicaly the crossfader and all gain levels on my external mixer dont take any effect on the internal mixer of virtual dj like my turntables do. is this normal? (this wouldnt be a problem because the sound is coming out of my external mixer and sounds nice and i can use all the gain levels crossfader and scrath.. but the problems araise when i try to record a mix. because i am using an external mixer and the internal mixer on VDJ is not synchroniseing with my external mixer, if i record a mix, it will record all the stuff i hear in my headphones when am trying to beat macth and everything else instead of what i hear from my main speakers... does this make sense lol

At the moment the only way i can record a mix while using TIMECODES with out hearing all that stuff from my earphones is by having another program running ie cool edit pro\"use it to record\" and can only do so by having output from my external mixer gowing into the line-in (the lil mic hole on my laptop lol)....

ANY HELP OR THOUGHTS WOULD BE NICE sorry bout typos

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 10:20 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your mixer will not control VDJ unless it is a midi mixer. You have to put the VDJ crossfader in the middle and then as you stated you rely on your external mixer for everything you need. External mixers gain, crossfader work better so you want it that way. You are also correct that in order to record you need to run the booth/monitor out from your mixer to another soundcard and program to record. If you're having success with your onboard card and the mic in line good for you. Many folks have problems with this config. I just use a $30 Soundblaster Live 24 bit card and it works great.

So everything you described here is normal. Nice job figuring it out yourself. Hope to see you as a full user soon. Good Luck.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:20 pm
i have the behringer ddm digital mixer (ddm4000 i think? im not in front of it now)

anyway, i have the same setup only with the behringer and two 1200s. i want to control the vdj software via midi form the external mixer. is there a tutorial on this site i can reference?

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:28 pm
marctronixx wrote :
i have the behringer ddm digital mixer (ddm4000 i think? im not in front of it now)

anyway, i have the same setup only with the behringer and two 1200s. i want to control the vdj software via midi form the external mixer. is there a tutorial on this site i can reference?

I had the Behringer mixer and it will control the software. You first need to buy a MIDI to USB cable, like this one http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html Install the software, plug in the midi out and in, and go to VDJ and config your midi selections.

Syberman

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 10:56 pm
yes thank you. i have a midi to usb interface for the behringer. i just need a tutorial to set it up. is there one on this forum or somewhere on the net?

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 11:06 pm
There is a mapper for the DDM4000 in the download page. Check it out.

Syberman

Posted Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 6:04 pm
hi
i hav a dell studio 15 laptop with the following configuration of available slots
VGA, HDMI 3x USB 2.0 (1x USB/E-SATA combo, 2x standard) IEEE 1394a / Gigabit NIC (no RJ11 – via dongle for USB External Modem) 1x Stereo in, 2x headphone/speaker out 8 in 1 media card reader ExpressCard 34

i hav now purchased a studio master
162BPX - 16 Channel 28 Input rack mount mixer

Can you please help me as to how to interface a virtual dj software from my laptop to the above mixer so that i can actually hear to both the channel inputs separately in the mixer at two different channels and also use the headphones in the mixer . Do i have to use the mono separated cable or is there any other option available for thisl.. Please help me out

Posted Tue 22 Dec 09 @ 8:14 am
naatieHome userMember since 2010
hi guys im using virtual dj 7 home and a 2 channel behringer mixer but have no sound card,is that maybe the reason why it just holds my audio configuration for 10 minutes when i am recording?please let me no what im doing wrong because im a virtual dj addict and is kinda frustrating not able to record my mixes for more than 10 minutes thanks in advance

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 2:09 am
Its because your using a "Trial" version. That's what the home version is. You can try different things out for 10 minutes then it all resets.

Save some dough and buy pro you wont regret it.............
Huey

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 12:22 pm
in my virtual dj home free edition i can use an external mixer for only 10 minutes then it wont let me use it do it again i downloaded the free version can anyone tell me whats wrong or if i have to but anything thanks

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 4:02 pm
Sorry, VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support the use of external mixers and/or MIDI controllers: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

It is free limited software and supports mouse/keyboard mixing only with a simple sound card setup.

VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial (Unpaid) use only.

Posted Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 5:52 am
Need help. Been on this for over 6 hours. I want to record on VDJ 7. I have an external mixer and Im using a u-mix 44 soundcard for my turntables. I can play just fine with timecodes and mixer set up but when I record it records everything. It records cueing and mixing. I read a article on here on how to set it up with advance config but it isnt working. I then end up with deck 1 and 2 playing over each other even when the fader is on either 1 or 2. IDK what else to do. Please help! Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 4:29 pm

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 5:12 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Did you not read the topic? It's simple: if your mixer isn't connected to your PC via USB or FireWire VDJ has no idea what it's doing and thus cannot record what it's doing. Think about it for a second and it'll make sense.

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 5:19 pm
DjRatR wrote :
Did you not read the topic? It's simple: if your mixer isn't connected to your PC via USB or FireWire VDJ has no idea what it's doing and thus cannot record what it's doing. Think about it for a second and it'll make sense.

Right got that. Did you read the response? connecting the rec to line on laptop?

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 5:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So you've connected the Rec Out on your mixer to a line input on your PC?

Have you configured sound setup into advanced mode and set up record loopback as per the instructions? Or are you using an audio editor like audacity to record (easier IMHO) from the line in?

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 8:03 pm
Hello does anyone know the phone number to contact Virtual DJ tech support? Thank you.

Posted Mon 13 May 13 @ 5:49 pm
Please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Type your question in the box and click Ask - It will show you any FAQ entries that match your query as well as contact details should you need any further assistance. Priority is given to licensed Pro users for telephone support. Placing a support ticket or using live chat when available is recommended for unlicensed users.

Posted Tue 14 May 13 @ 5:29 am
If you reply please speak to me like I am retarded! I have read everything in hear on config and still no help!

My set up:
Windows 7 / PC / Toshiba Satellite (2 Weeks Old) / American Audio 10MXR (Midi Mixer With Sound-card) / (2) Numark NDX400's /
Virtual DJ Pro (Paid For)

What did work:
Mixer & Decks with time code CD's worked with the LE Version that came bundled with American Audio 10MXR.

Upgraded (Paid) to VDJ Pro.

What works now:
I can get the 10MXR to control VDJ / navigate files / load tracks / play tracks.

Problem:
Cannot get any audio (sound) out of Mixer, not from headphones or outputs of mixer, it plays from laptop speakers only / cannot get decks with times codes to control VDJ at all. (I doubled check RCA connections, amp etc.)

What I have done:
Paid for VDJ Pro / Downloaded VDJ MP3 Times codes - - Burned to CD - configures Times codes in VDJ / Updated all firmware / Read config instructions a thousands times!

Went to config / Picked Timecodes / Picked VDJ Timecode CD's / External Mixer - Deck 1 CH 1&2 / Deck 2 CH 3&4 / Asio Sound card is the only option I am getting with this set up and get: error in the Asio sound driver!

(If I choose anything other than timecode I can actually pick the 10MXR as soundcard in advance)
Don't have a clue if I AM suppose to have the Mixer as the output soundcard or not???

I have uninstalled VDJ & Installed again. Same results. Updated windows / Ran a system check on windows sound drivers - it passed.

Maybe my problem is in the advanced config? I have been a DJ for many years, so I get mixing, setting up amps, turntables, CD decks & sound, but I am a noob to digital mixing........ So if any one could walk me through the entire config set up (in a language a retard could understand) it sure would be appreciated! Thank you all for ANY HELP IN ADVANCE!

DJ Crash

Posted Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 3:17 am
87%