Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

we are intrested on geting a Hercules Console and will like to know whats the overall opinion of everybody that has or have used one. Whats the fill of it?, can you play the loops in a diferent chanel?, and any other opinion the you have about it. Thanks =)

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 7:39 pm
Ive been using one for about 6 months now with Virtual DJ.
If im honest its a nearly product.
Its nearly good enough for pro use.
Its nearly good enough to be reliable.

I use it for mobile dj use (weddings partys etc)
Its a small unit and the buttons dont feel quite as sturdy as you would want (but thats reflected in the price). Everything is laid out well and it connects up to my computer with no problems.

If you want it to replace two vinyl decks and use it for scratching then I would not recommend it as you can perform some things the same with the nob thing in the middle but its very hard to get right and sound good.

If you want it for light use, mixing tracks, beat matching etc then its probably the best value for money unit on the market.

I have found that when used for many hours there is a degrade in sound quality. Some bugs like this are due to the software used and there is plenty of support for this, on this web site. My advice is when its set up and doing what you want LEAVE IT and dont play around uploading new drivers or changing settings.

Summary
Its a great bit of kit and a cheap way mixing tracks that would have cost thousands a few years ago. Just dont expect it to fill any professional shoes.

Hope this helps a bit.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:22 am
Thank you MAJESTIK you are not to far away from what I was thinking of it. In fact thats exacly what we whant to do beat macth traks with loops,fx, etc...,no scratching.
What other controllers are abeleble to us with out have to spent lots of cash like the xp10? Somenthing easy like a dual cd player layout.
Thanks.=)

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)