Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with external/usb sound card.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GT42RHome userMember since 2008
First time posting, and want to say that i'm very impressed so far with what the demo version offers. However, I am having the following problem when hooked up to my external mixer.

I am running an external/usb sound card, the Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Surround 24bit.
Heres its layout

I set my VDJ's output setting to 4.1 mode - external mixer mode.
Front - Left Deck - Channel 1 on my mixer.
Rear - Right Deck - Channel 2 on my mixer.

However, channel 2 doesn't recieve any audio at all. I am guessing this has to do with my sound blasters actual settings.

Any advice how i should set up the sound card to properly support this?

Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 2:16 pm
bump, anybody?

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 10:39 am
I'm new as well. I had a similar problem in the beginning. In the configuration menu there should be an option for external sound card 7 external mixer that places correct sound from each designated channel/deck. Lemme know if that doesn't work. Good luck.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 11:10 am
Nah that wasn't it, believe me it wouldn't be that simple. I've figured it out now though. thanks anyways

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 12:23 pm
esdwaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
With this sound card it's better and easier to use VirtualDJ internal mixer skin and forget about external mixer. I have the same sound card as you do and it works perfect. Just set:
Output: Headphones
Sound card(s): 4.1
Sound Card: Creative Live[...]
Outpu channels: Master: Front output / Headphones: Rear output.
Sorry I can't help with the mixer options for your external mixer since I had never used one. With VDJ it's was not necessary in my case. Regards.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 12:24 pm
esdwaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
> I set my VDJ's output setting to 4.1 mode - external mixer mode.
> Front - Left Deck - Channel 1 on my mixer.
> Rear - Right Deck - Channel 2 on my mixer.

I have also checked above configuraiton with my SoundBlaster 24-bit Live and it works fine. Check the volume settings on your card for rear channel.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:59 am
BuBullePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello VDJ staff and community,

Since I am using version 5 I am facing issues with low volume on my external sound card.

I use a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1 24bit. I have checked my connections and cabling using direct headphone output (i.e. without external card) and settings (used "external mixer", "4.1 sound card", soundblaster driver and assigned front to left and rear to right. I also check that sound card volume was max. I still get a very low volume.

When I go direct from headphone output to "single output", "simple", and internal laptop driver, all is fine, volume is comparable to those from my old CD players.

I want to continue to use my external mixer since I use other sources and also I want to be able to use one same headphone for all sources.

Any idea ?

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 12:48 pm
> I set my VDJ's output setting to 4.1 mode - external mixer mode.
> Front - Left Deck - Channel 1 on my mixer.
> Rear - Right Deck - Channel 2 on my mixer.

I have also checked above configuraiton with my SoundBlaster 24-bit Live and it works fine. Check the volume settings on your card for rear channel.

cheers m8 your a star nice been tryin to do this foe ages ;)

many thanks

pinhead1000

Posted Tue 14 Oct 08 @ 12:50 pm
amemanHome userMember since 2008
I have connected my sound blaster live 24bit external sound card to my mixer, the front output of the ext soundcard is connected to channel 1 of the mixer and the rear output is connected to channel 2 of the mixer.

I set my VDJ's output setting to 4.1 mode - external mixer mode.
Front - Left Deck - Channel 1 on my mixer.
Rear - Right Deck - Channel 2 on my mixer.

I can mix music ok, but I cannot alter/change the volume on none of the two channels (chn1/chl2) to affect the audio going out of the mixer. The mixer is just allowing the audio to pass through on each channel but I do not have the ability to modify the audio from the mixer.

All volume control has to done at the laptop level. The mixer also has a built equalizer which I cannot use to modify the audio being output either. If I turn on the equalizer the audio output is reduced dramatically.

I am assuming that I need another device that will convert the front/rear output of the ext soundcard to line out,

Does anyone know of any device which I can use to convert the front/rear from the ext soundcard output to line out or another solution to the problem.

Any Assistance/Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 27 May 09 @ 6:24 am
majentaHome userMember since 2009
hi guys im new here, i am looking for a usb external sound card for my macbook to be use in my virtual dj, im residing dubai UAE. any idea where can i get this? thanks.

Posted Wed 17 Mar 10 @ 5:01 pm
I just bought a Gemini iCONNEX Portable USB Sound card and everytime I try and connect it with Virtual DJ, the program wont detect the soundcard. How do i fix that? Am i going to need to buy a different sound card? or is there a certian way i have to connect my two turn tables to the sound card so i can use timecodes? someone please help me.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 2:42 pm
i have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go as my second card used to work fine but now has a bit of delay from the primary card but only when using headphones for syinc used to work at the same speed as the main card i even could use left headphone from line out and right for the headphone and they were sync now there is a delay any help with this ussue? runing virtual dj home edition 5

Posted Tue 06 Jul 10 @ 10:52 am
using external soundcard, and have downloaded driver for windows 7. I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I'm using the correct configuration and no matter what the music will only come through 1 channel. Not only this but it is sending both tracks from VDJ through the one channel.

Someone please help - this is killing me

cheers

C

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 6:21 pm
POREY35Home userMember since 2011
i need help i just got rid of my numark dj/io because it didn't have an input so i can get control of my virtual dj.
now i just bought a iconnex sound card but when i hook it up to virtual dj i do get nothing out of it what is it i'm doing wrong can someone help me with this?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 3:15 am
Hiii my question is :
I have 2 pioneer cdjs 100s and one mixer, and i want to record my music that i am playing on my mixer and cdj's on virtual dj but i don't know how to do it....
Can someone plss help me
thnxx

Posted Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 11:51 am
ok thnxx dude

Posted Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 12:27 pm
Hello,

Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers
Numark Mixtrack Pro 2
Virtual DJ

I have a problem with connecting the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 (which has its own sound card; white and red connectors) through the Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 (white and red connectors for front speakers + black and pink connectors for rear and center speaker), through the Logitech Z506 5.1 speakers, and make it work on Virtual DJ.

I tried almost every audio setting with Virtual DJ, but I always have something that's not working. For example, front speakers work fine but "rear" speakers make weird noises as if the song is playing but REALLY bad. Or even I had once front speakers working and rear speakers working slightly better than the previous setting but the headphones of the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2 do not work at all.

What can I do to make it all work (get a 5.1 surround experience with the front and rear + headphones with numark mixtrack pro 2) on virtual DJ ?

PS: every product is new so I don't think it's a speaker problem

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)