Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin for B52 Prodigy FX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, anyone konw of a skin in made or in progress for the B52 Prodigy FX?

here's the link for the unit http://www.prodigyfx.com

not a bad unit for size and price...

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 8:49 am
I'd highly doubt that anyone would make a skin for the Prodigy seeing as it is unusable in conjunction with timecodes and VDJ. And since Prodigy is an all-in-one unit and does not have separate line outs for each deck (which is necessary if you want to use timecodes). Most skin designers usually base them around decks that can actually be used to control VDJ.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 2:21 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I'd highly doubt that anyone would make a skin for the Prodigy seeing as it is unusable in conjunction with timecodes and VDJ. And since Prodigy is an all-in-one unit and does not have separate line outs for each deck (which is necessary if you want to use timecodes). Most skin designers usually base them around decks that can actually be used to control VDJ.

I hate to disagree but, there are skins intended for use with controllers...like Listen2's newest skin
it was made with controllers in mind. Not everyone here uses time codes and vinyl ;)

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 2:24 pm
Ya, I know a lot of people use controllers but the Prodigy is NOT a controller (like the Hercules or the DMC2), it is a stand alone CD player unit (like Numark's CDMIX 3). In other words, there is no MIDI involved with the Prodigy unit, so enlighten me, how exactly would one use the Prodigy as a controller seeing as it doesn't have MIDI?

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 6:33 pm
Sorry, as for me, I do not find rather good photos, no maid resolution

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 6:47 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Ya, I know a lot of people use controllers but the Prodigy is NOT a controller (like the Hercules or the DMC2), it is a stand alone CD player unit (like Numark's CDMIX 3). In other words, there is no MIDI involved with the Prodigy unit, so enlighten me, how exactly would one use the Prodigy as a controller seeing as it doesn't have MIDI?

If I miss understood your post I am sorry, it came across as why create a skin if its not a time code. Lots of people use skins with controllers they don't have anything to do with time code situations. And that was the point I was trying to make. One of my lappys has the pioneer skin on it and we use no controller with it at weddings.

So, my point was there is no harm in asking about someone creating a skin.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 6:52 pm
Sorry, live the translators, but I should have read again, I wanted to say not of good resolution

Posted Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 10:06 pm
ACTUALLY, it does have independant line outs for each deck and 4 channle mixer so u can use with time code systems :O)

just no MIDI

Posted Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 4:21 pm
yeah i found a bunch of pics all at low res.. :O(

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:29 am
ricosanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i am awaiting my prodigy fx shipment (Christmas present) ...can some one recomend the best cost effective interface?? i plan on using timecode cd's amd Native instruments Maschine.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)