Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: i think its crappy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i thnk its crappy how we're being cheated into buying virtual dj pro, i mean... i have home edition, and im happy with it! i want effects... These effects work on the home edition, yet i have 2 buy the pro so i can download... i even have an m-audio exponent.. but no mapper! cuz i cant friggin download!!!!

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 1:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Well given the price of Home Edition at ~$42 you can't expect all the features and addons of the full professional edition which costs $299. I'm guessing there is a discount to upgrade if you want to enable these extra features. A lot of these plugins have been designed and written by community members who have paid for the full version. You can always write your own if you want to - Ian Knowles (a home user on this forum) for example has started writing his own video plugins.

Not the answer you wanted I know.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 1:44 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It ain't crappy.. first off this is a professional software that dedicated to professional dj n the home edition u possesed have limited functions n also the price is not as pricey as on the pro software (Still to me VDJ PRO is not that expensive compared to others). The word "home" already tell it all, that it is more suitable to use it at home n hence all the professional solution are stripped off. Some addons n skin that were available are for professional usage n also it will not perform on the home edition platform. As u have the home edition, u could also upgrade with a discount. It not cheating as u put it. It just an introduction version of the software of what it is capable off ;)

PS: A lot of software also have their software been break down such as the autodesk autocad LE (cost abt 2k in S$) n autodesk 2008 (5k in S$). Would that i call cheating? I dun think so:)

Regards.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 2:17 pm
then dnt u think its more logical 2 make the home edition free and the pro version the normal 1?

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 2:24 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No it nots unless its label as free edition:P

As i mentioned, home level user will not have all of the pro level functions. It a stripped down or u can say it LE (lite edition). Its more to cater for those who will not required most of the pro function in an professional situation. Its like introduction to the software.

See comparision chart.

Hope that answer ur question;)

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 2:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry but if you bought home edition of windows and wrote to microsoft to complain it lacked the features of ultimate you wouldn't even get a reply.

Aslo the effects currently posted on the site for pro users are leveled at this as they only run in V4 or 5 Pro.

You can use the discount discount offer if you wish to have these features , if you do buy pro remember you get all future updates and plugins free.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 3:01 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
also helps to actually read about what you are buying before purchasing it, otherwise you cheated yourself and cant lay blame on anyone else.

in fairness though, i find that free plugins download = 'limited' is slightly ambiguous without a footnote (im referring to the comparison page)

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 7:44 am
ya geuss u rite. thx:P anyway good luck to u all, btw any1 know y xponent gives this weird sound in vdj when using the sliders?(kind of like distorted bass)

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:02 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
bisho_lb wrote :
ya geuss u rite. thx:P anyway good luck to u all, btw any1 know y xponent gives this weird sound in vdj when using the sliders?(kind of like distorted bass)

Disable the option "safe mode"

Posted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 1:42 pm
where is this safe mode thing?

Posted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 12:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Im not sure if its in your version , but go to options > performances it should be there if it is included.

If not try to free up as much cpu as possible by tweaking windows , you can find alot of guides on net aslo i have one on my blog for xp.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 1:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)