Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Not Saving on Exit

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think this happened to me last update and hope it's one of my settings in windows. VDJ does not save what I have done on exit. What I mean is if I analize songs for bpm's they are gone on exit. They no longer save. Everything I previously did is there nothing new. If I change a skin it stays. If I drag the song into the player and it analizes it seems to stay. I used the mixmeister program to analize the tracks. Could this be an issue?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 2:07 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes, mixmeister is the problem, it changed tags, and filesize
of your songs. Vdj dosn't recognise them anymore (it uses
filename and filesize to recognise songs in the database)

I have all my files set as "read only" to avoid other programs
write on them.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 4:58 am
What can I do? Do I wipe ot and use the new engine to try again?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 5:18 am
If someone reads this.. Can I just rescan and everything will be ok with the new BPM module? I don't want to loose everything and not be able to save for now on. Just want to be safe rather than sorry. Maybe Macro who create dthe program can help. Thanks... :)

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 7:31 am
I figured it out. Thanks..... :)

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 8:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
How ? you fix it ?

(I had no time to test and give you any advise,..working the whole weekend)

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 2:12 am
This is strange. I right click on a shortcut folder and do a full scan on those changes. Restart the program. It saves.

But...

I organize my files by BPM. I highlight all that have not been scanned. Full scan these. They scan over 3 hours. Many new songs. Assigns the BPM's fine. They are there with the snog lengths. I wait about 10 minutes. Shut down the program. Wait another 10 minutes. Restatr the program and they are gone. ??? I am lost. Any suggestions?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 5:48 am
Support.. Any Thoughts? I am thinking of asking for a fresh install of 2.06 and retry it. Please advise.. Still is giving me issues. I rescan for several hours and they disappear...

Posted Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 9:02 pm
I have Vdj 2.00. I make loops and save them as samples. When I close out of Vdj and then start it up again, my loops that I made from songs are not saved anymore as samples. Well they are saved, but whenever I try to load them into my sample list, they won't open up. How can I fix this?

-Dj Digital

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 9:03 pm
Vantine

I would try a re-install of the full 2.06 install.
It seems like there might be something corrupted in your install

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 2:59 pm
Thanks Norway. I will. You have helped me as you guys always do. Thank you again...

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 7:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)