Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Full Function Description List Wanted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

number6Home userMember since 2008
I'm assigning lots of shortcut keys so as to make the program easier to use without a mouse, primarily for those with vision impairments who will be using it with speech output on a separate sound card for the speech. I have the user guide but would love to get descriptions of all the functions I can assign to shortcuts, what they do, etc. The more details I can get, the better the program will work for blind and visually impaired users. I'm totally blind myself and am trying out the program for the first time today and having a ball with it!

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact, when you create a new shortcut, you have a window with 3 columns:
* the first is a list of functions group, it's like a filter (the first group is named "all" so it will list all the VirtualDJ functions)
* the second is the list of functions corresponding to the previous selected group
* the third is a description of the function selected and below this, you have the options linked to the selected function (Value, deck, temporary, ...)

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 5:37 am
number6Home userMember since 2008
Thanks very much for explaining this. You have to understand one thing--I'm doing this totally in the dark, and I mean that literally! <grin>! I'm using special software to read the contents of the screen with a synthesized voice, but I have to set up certain things with that program in order to speak pop-up windows, color-change windows, anything special out-of-the-ordinary. I figured out what I have to do now, thanks to your explanation of the way the windows appear in the "add shortcut" table. I'm progressing nicely with this now! My next big hurdle is to tell which deck I'm focused on. Could you tell me, is there a symbol that pops up, or a color change or something to tell you if you're on Deck I or II? That would help a whole great big lot. Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 1:53 pm
Hi. I read your post and found the idea absolutley brilliant . I wish you every success with the development of your software.

Best wishes

Chris

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 7:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes I agree with you chriso, billiant idea.

Good Luck numder6

BTW, If you do buy the pro version, I would download one of the CUE skins, The "Decks" are coloured Red and Blue and seem alot easier to see, and are alot better than the defaut VDJ skin.

Jimmy b

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 8:01 pm
Hi number 6, I realise this post was a long long time ago. Can I ask what version of Vertual DJ you were using and with which screen reader. I am currently unable to get any screen reader to read any part of Virtual DJ 7 or 8. Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 2:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)