Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: low output from hercules control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone !
I have a problem with the output level from the Hercules consol when i connect it to a mixer -it´s to low ..even if the gain the level to the max on the mixer and the master level is at "10" there in not enought power ..tryed to maximised in the
"DJ consol Mixer"
I learned some years ago that a regular signal from a line output is 0.775 Volt but some new pro standard Dj cd player is 2.0Volt ,like the pioneer series etc..
Dont know whats the outout is in the herc control ,Thbe only thing i know it that is too low

Has anyone the same problem as me? There must be..

And find any solution ?
Please let me know ..

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 9:11 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe the masterlevel of the pc is not to the top.
or maybe the talk-over from the console is in.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 10:16 pm
I use the console connected to a Pioneer 600 mixer at gigs, and have the same level as my cd players.

Make sure that levels are set at about 70% at the console setting, AND that you have gain at about zero at VDJ setting.
I use the FAME setting where you choose "match to 0db" as a setting, giving me the same level out from both vdj decks..

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 12:52 pm
dj_kikiHome userMember since 2004
My English is bad... but I'll try to help...

How much I know, all soundcards on PC (PCI or USB) have 0.3 - 0.7V output.
Now, if you are planning to plug in an active desktop speakers, it will work fine, but if you try to plug some serious amplifier, than you will have some problems. Good amplifiers NEEDS between 0.7 and 1.5-2.0V input, so, for example if you have amplifier 200w RMS, and you plug sound card on it, you will get 40-50W output. Now, for that you'll need a mixer (real DJ mixer) with GAIN, (pre-amp). On that mixer, you turn your sound card, set gain and on output you'll have that 1.5volt.

That was my problem... now hope I was helpful if you have same problem...

Posted Mon 03 Jan 05 @ 6:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)