Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ NOT PLAYING SOME TRACKS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Today I went to use VDJ and when I drag a track to one of my decks nothing happens. You don't even see the program analyzing it. It doesn't do it with all the songs but it does it with a lot of them. Yesterday I didn't have the problem. I uninstalled VDJ and reinstalled it but it's still doing it. Did I checked or unchecked something on the CONFIG window? Can somebody help? Thanks.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 4:58 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it is most likley a DRM protected WMA file, VDJ does not currently work with these as DRM support is not yet implemented

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 5:15 am
But it worked before. I was using it yesterday with no problem. Most of my tracks were copied from CD's. There's got to be something else.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 6:08 am
I need help fast, this thing is driving me nuts. Don't have a clue as to why it plays some tracks and not others. It was fine a couple of days ago. I played around with the CONFIG menu, so I'm not sure if it's something that I checked or unchecked. It's weird because when I drag the track to the deck it doesn't even want to analyze it. Again, is not all the tracks, but quite a large amount of them.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 6:15 am
It really has to be a wrong format. Please check the exact format of the song your are dragging onto the desktop. If all of your songs are doing this I can see a definate pattern and a problem. Maybe do a reinstall. If it is only a few songs then they are in the wrong format.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 8:04 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WIth a few WMA files you have to download Windows Media Player 10; sometimes it helps.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 6:20 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It could be that you renamed or moved the file since you last used it.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 4:41 pm
Yessssssss. I've done that. I have moved and renamed some music files, but shouldn't VDJ find them and play them when it scans the hard drive? I don't understand why it doesn't play them once they're found. Unless I deleted the file, it should be able to play it. I could understand if the file is no longer in the HD, but if I reinstall the program it should find all the available current files, correct?

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 6:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try to delete "mp3database.txt" file then run the
program and rescan your drives.
(dont touch VirtualDJ Database.xml)
Also if you try to load files from playlists,
playlists are not "updated" when you move files.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 04 @ 4:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)