Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DJ Cel Re Showcover

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just tried the new v1.1 but can't quite figure out what the "Automix Next" button does? I even tried placing songs in the waitlits, but no luck. All it seemed to do was stop the cover from being shown, like turning the plugin off, and nothing seems to get automixed. I even wondered if this needed to be turned on when VDJ was in automix mode, IE to support single deck mixing, but the plugin seems to work fine when automix is on, the covers fade in and out no matter the Automix Next Song's position (on/off) in the plugin.

Also was wondering if a "Fade Delay" slider could be included in this plugin, so the end user can set how long the cover shows for, before being faded out.
Thanks

PS
Could you also confirm you recived my PM re bugs, as I have not heard back from you and am unsure if you recived it.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 07 @ 7:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The "Automix Next" button will display the cover of the next song in the automix

I remember some users asked to write the name of the next singer so I decided it was a good thing to do it for the cover too

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 4:16 pm
Ahhh, now it all makes sense! Very good Idea.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 07 @ 5:48 pm
li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes the Showcover Is very nice, I asked already some months ago for such a feature.
I still don't get the use for the Automix button? 'Show the next cover in Automix mode' but what with the current cover then? No longer visible?
Indeed a value or slider for the fade function is better that just a button.
And as mentioned before also make use of the ID tag embedded pic's would be nice, just like the coverflow function in the browser function does.
How can I see which version of Showcover I have? (it came with std. install of VDJ 5.07)
You can adjust size with X0 Xmax Y0 & Ymax alright but what with the proportions of the pic's?
Maybe an option for maintaining the proportions would be nice feature? Now I sometimes see fat or very tall people ;-)
What about the size of these pictures? I notice that coverflow don't display i.e. 1024x768 jpeg files (with the same name as the mp3) but Showcover can use them. I prefer at least 800x600 px to use for projection or TV output. A 120x120px jpeg is hardly useable then.
Do we need 2 pic's then one small resolution for coverflow and one in high res for Showcover on the video output?

Posted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 5:27 pm
li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is this Showcover project still alive?
I Like the idea very much, but there some small things to take care of.

Posted Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 10:26 am
Still having the crash on close issue with this plugin. Does not happen during run thankfully, but is scary none the less. Any chance this has been fixed, I remember you mentioned you were working on a fix for this issue Cel?

Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 7:08 am
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I want to bring this project back to front.
isnt it possible to show the Picture in the tag (like in the browser-view) on Video output?

thanks guys

papaoke

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 3:37 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 10:03 am
PapaokePRO InfinityMember since 2005
You dont know what i mean, the ID3 attached grafik should be showed in the video window for every single deck. in a Videofile you see the film in the player video deck. i want to see the cover in den video deck when i play a audio only file and it should be the picture stored in the mp3 file. Is that possible? I got a lot of samplers so i dont want to rework every file cause i have stored all pictures in the id3 tag.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 5:31 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
OK
Well the Show Cover PlugIn Shows the tag cover on the screen only.

Joey...

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 10:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)