Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCode Vinyl Scratch Quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, i downloaded the trial version of VDJ and am currently trying to test the TCvinyls i bought. The timecode quality stays at 100% most of the time, but when i try using the vinyl to scratch, i get a stuttering effect like a jog dial, rather than the smooth vinyl emulation sound.

Just wondering If anyone else has experienced the same problem. I had the quality sounding very nice when i first used it, but i started messing around with the soundcard and asio configuration to lower the latency. and also the software keeps running into an asio error everytime i try to use the new ASIO TC Vinyl Mode under soundcard setup.

Ive got a p4 2.4ghz WinXP pro SP1, 768MBDDR, 240GB, Onboard Conextant soundcard, MobilePre usb interface, and TT500's :D

Any suggestions would help out a lot.
thanks
.neuromancer

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 7:39 am
Reason for this might be that you are using a cracked version that have bad code.

Please download a legal demo, and if you like the program, hope to see you as a full member :)

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 1:55 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
and that your latency is set to low

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 2:32 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Im not going to lie, but I initially found out about this product from a p2p program, however my intention is not to steal the hard work of you developers, especially when you provide a functional demo to try. It just so happened to be that i discovered virtual dj from another source before i came upon the website.

I downloaded it to compare with other dj software titles to see which best suited my needs. I purchased the TC vinyl to give it a shot with the demo i downloaded from your site.

If i can get a low enough latency so i can perform complex scratches and seemless mixes on my sets, then i will be more than happy to purchase VDJ, and give it the publicity it deserves.
I must say the program is very enticing, but i just need the vinyls to respond with a faster reaction time. I have an ASIO 2.0 compatible interface, but my settings will not configure to the asio Vinyl mode on the demo.

I have updated my drivers and have the latest demo from your website. Im just wondering why i keep getting the ASIO error (from the official demo 2.05)

I like to support the development of such innovative and creative application, because i know my money will help to improve the functionality of such software.
But mainly use vinyls for my sets, so latency is a big issue with me.

thanks
.neuromancer
P4 2.4
768DDR
XP PRO SP2
MOBILEPRE

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 10:15 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sir,

please post about the exact soundcard you're using.

We advise you to purchase for example the Maya 44 USB soundcard that is fully compatible with the low latency mode of virtual dj

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 10:14 pm
Im currently using the MobilePre USB from M-audio.

2X2 USB audio interface
Resolution: 16-bit
Sampling frequencies (kHz): 8, 9.6, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48
Signal-to-noise ratio: 101dB (typical, A-weighted)
Dynamic range: 101dB (typical, -60dB input, A-weighted)
THD: .00199%

ASIO 2.0, MME, SM and DirectX

my turntables are hooked up to an external mixer for preamp because i dont have th appropriate 1/4" adapters for the rcas.

Laptop is P4 2.4Ghz wtih 768MBDDR, 240GB HD@ 7200 w/8mb buffer
using XP pro with SP2. I use a partition of the drive that is just dedicated to VDJ. There is plenty of HD Space and resources when i load it, and minimal processes running while using VDJ.

Hope this helps..
Hope this can also be solved before the demo expires :/

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 11:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)