Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Anyone having Mapper probs in 5r6?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just wondering if anyone else is having display/led issues with 5r6?

I have a dac2 mapper that has lost its displays and LEDs and am wodering if this affects just my mapper (and Cstolls) or all dac2 mappers, or all mappers for all remote units.

Is there a new sdk i missed?

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 2:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
My Xponent mapper LEDs are still working, so I guess it must be a DAC-2 specific problem?

Unfortunately I don't have a DAC-2 to test with :(

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 4:51 pm
I believe I read there is an issue with the DAC2 in Rev 6.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 3:39 am
Yes but only if you use a mapper it seems, hoping for a v5.0r7 real soon!

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 3:57 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's linked to the function OnBeat() in your mapper

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 2:38 pm
I thought it was a problem with OnTimer().
OnBeat() sounds like the beat trigged LED on the dac that flashes with the beat of the music. Could the OnBeat() line kill the OnTimer() like this?

Has OnBeat been Removed or changed in 5r6 causing this problem as it used to work in 5r5?

Posted Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 8:34 pm
cstoll wrote :
halo_djk -- disregard those posts. There is no OnBeat function. It is the OnTimer function and I am still trying to get answers.

Thanks CSTOLL, great to hear your still on this. =) I can't understand how they managed to create this fault as nothing has been "fixed" around the DAC2 mapper code in VDJ, so how did tey manage to lock out the OnTimer() thread, and only lock it out for the DAC2 mappers and no other mappers.

Most annoying with no LEDs and LCD, hope they release a fix soon. (and it didn't fix the sort bug, and this was the reason I upgraded to 5r6 anyway!)

Posted Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 1:55 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djcel wrote :
It's linked to the function OnBeat() in your mapper

Sorry I meant OnTimer() of course

OnBeat() is a function I use in my own code ;-)

Posted Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 3:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This has now been addressed by the Dev Team and will be resolved for the next update.... don't ask when I don't have that information... and please do not pressure the situation.... Thank you for everyone's patience in this!

Posted Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 5:28 pm
cstoll wrote :
This has now been addressed by the Dev Team and will be resolved for the next update.... don't ask when I don't have that information... and please do not pressure the situation.... Thank you for everyone's patience in this!

I'll mind my manners, I'll be good, but I'm sure your aware of how annoying this bug is! Unfortunatly I'm also aware of the routine that is required to create great software.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 6:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It has been fixed for the next release... patience as usual, just stick with rev 5 for now.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)