Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why Does It Take So Long To Open

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I see a serious contrast in the performance of my laptop rig in as much as how long it takes to open up my file browser the first time.
Once I have opened a file once it is quicker, but the first time I click on database to search, it just looks back at me with everything frozen except the wave form moving along.

The other odd thing is that when I open the program it takes 10 seconds to initiate from first click to the splash screen, then the monitor goes totally black for another 4-5 seconds then the program skin appears.
HUH???

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 12:16 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can only speak to the monitor going black issue. That's not normal. My guess would be that the screen is changing resolutions for some reason. Does the skin match your screen resolution? If for example, your laptop is at 1024x768 but the VDJ skin is 800x600, that can cause the screen to go black while it chnges. There is a widescreen skin if you have a 1280x768 screen. That might also reduce the startup delay.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 11:47 pm
how many files you got in there?

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 12:51 am
I am using the v 2.01 700 skin @1024x768 same as my monitor.
I am running with 25k files currently.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 12:58 am
Upgrade from 2.01 to at least 2.04 then your issue will be solved. That was a bug in 2.00 and 2.01. Also, take your skin off of full screen mode to stop the black from happening. If your computer is slower and the display driver is switching this will happen.... Hope this helps..

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 1:32 am
exactly like vantine says.. Download the latest version of VDJ.

You should all have the latest versions, as features are improved, functions are improved, and bugs ironed out :)

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 2:06 pm
I have been running 2.05 on this machine for a while.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 12:26 am
you stated 4 comments above that you were running 2.01. A long load was a known issue in 2.0 and 2.01. It was corrected in 2.02 but there were other bugs that got corrected in 2.04 which should work fine.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 2:00 am
No actually I meant I was using the V2[1].00 Pioneer 2 version skin as aposed to the 1.09 series I was running.

Maybe I should try loading the 2.05 full instead of the updated version.
What do you guys think of that?

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 2:28 am
oh. sorry i wasn't clear. There should not be a long load time. That weant away once I upgraded myself. Splash screen is up maybe a few seconds. There is a long shut down time though. Again, hit the square in the middle of the x and the - in the right corner of your screen to get rid of the screen going black. That should work. Doent's make sense of the long load time. Maybe try a reinstall but that should not matter.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 4:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)