Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My first week with VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
My first week with VDJ. (I didn't think I'd be back here this soon) Well I just finished my first week with the program, every thing went great until last night. Maybe somebody can tell me what's up with this?

I'm playing a tune, the bar is packed, the people are dancing and then BOOM! The song stops cold, I look to see why and immediately see it reached the END OF THE SONG. The problem is there was three more minutes remaining. It read the file wrong and hacked off three minutes.

This happened two more time before the night was over, it made me PARANOID all night because I had to check every file length to see if they looked normal.

This morning I checked the same MP3's outside VDJ just using windows player and they were all PERFECT. So I tried loading them again and I got the same results, VDJ is not reading them correctly..... what's the deal?

Any Ideas?

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 7:26 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Variable Bit Rate !! this is your problem .....you can fix this analyzing your songs

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 7:34 pm
Thanks Man-TK but I've analyzed these tracks OVER and OVER trying to figure it out.

I'm thinking about trying to homogenize them and see if that does the trick!

But thanks for answering...

(waiting on the VDJ support team, they were "no shows" in my last question.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 4:21 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
By "analyze" he means letting the VDJ analyze the song, by right clicking the chosen song and selecting "Analyze".

Wasn't sure if it was understood correctly.

P.S.: The Support team did replay to your post if you look correctly, but not anyone from internal VDJ team. Only special threads and difficult techincal support is handled by internal staff.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 7:39 pm
This is a bug that definitely needs to be fixed A.S.A.P.

Killabee44

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 10:23 pm
Erxon, I understood what he meant, although I don't use this program to beatmix I still analyize every song before playing it...that didn't help

Now KIllaBEE is saying this is a known bug?..

Posted Mon 15 Nov 04 @ 11:18 pm
I never had this happen even in the earlier issues of VDJ. Were you in auto mode? What does the total time of your mp3 track state. Was it an mp3 track. Please be a bit more detailed and I or someone else will try to assist. There is no bug of this sort that I can tell you of and I run VDJ three to four times a week live at gigs. Did you write down exactly which tracks this happened to? Did the program crash or did the time reach zero before the end of the song? Did you try these tracks on another program and did they act the same way? With a bit more info I hope I can help.... I have had some issues with VDJ but they always end up to be NOT the program but some setup in my computer so I am getting good at troubleshooting so I'll check later and give it my best shot :) Thanks....

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 1:36 am
Were you in auto mode? NO

Was it an mp3 track / YES

Did you write down exactly which tracks this happened to: You damn right!

Did the program crash or did the time reach zero... YES as I said in my post.. the song was cut in half.

Did you try these tracks on another program and did they act the same way? (as I said in my post., the files are fine OUTSIDE VDJ. (We have several players... all read it normally.

"I have had some issues with VDJ but they always end up to be NOT the program but some setup in my computer"

We are new to VDJ, are are not new to computers, (Friends call us Webmasters)...

This is defiantly a VDJ issue... it worked fine Wednesday night and Friday Night, and then developed this issue Saturday night.

This computer is high speed, and it's NEVER used to surf the web or for any propose other than making music.. ATOMIX never caused us a minutes worth of problem... ??

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 2:48 am
Well, what I meant is (I should have explained) that it is something others have told me about. VDJ doesnt like vbr mp3's and will act weird. I encode everything in cbr so it doesn't affect me.

I hope it gets looked at because it could affect a lot of peeps.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 4:00 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Did you edit tags outside vdj ?
Re-analyse the song with the problem if you see the same behaviour again.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 4:05 am
I agree. Try to reanalize the track(s) in question. That is the only thing I can think of. I have MP3's coded in CBR also. Could the tracks you speak of be in VBR? Maybe that is the issue? I have nearly 30,000 tracks and 13,000 mp3+g tracks and never saw this behavior. The song length was always correct and played all the way through unless I had a playlist on automix. From what I am understanding the track would be say 4:00 minutes long but VDJ is only picking up and starting with a song length of 3:42 missing 18 seconds of it. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Posted Tue 16 Nov 04 @ 4:14 am
The problem here is guys I dodn't do ANYTHING between a Wedesday night and a Saturday night... the thing just decided to do this on it's on..

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 8:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)