Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help adjusting Timecoded Vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys..

this time i need your help. I have 2 pieces of timecoded vinyl. i'm heaving a real hard time getting the vinyls to work. I tried all possible combinations with the tags on/off sliders to full. i managed to get 1 turntable working, but the quality indicates 'vinyl quality 0%'. i can see the waveforms red and green, but it responds aweful :-s
When i hold the record, the music stops.. when i let it go.. it starts playing again. that's ok, but when it should play at a constant speed (without touching the vinyls), the speed goes up and down.. it's aweful!

The Low latency vinylmode does not work at all because of my Echo-Indigo DJ has no (asio)line in and generates an error.

can somebody please help me??

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 9:55 am
above post is mine. IE logged me out again

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 9:56 am
try uninstalling all previous versions of VDJ and do a clean install, it worked with me. I had the console version installed and when I tried to install the demo it gave the same result as you have. Then I deleted all folders, registry keys and installed the demo, it worked fine then.

Also try to install the latest versions of your soundcard drivers or even reinstall them, it might just do the trick.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 10:17 am
i have made an image of a clean install, SP2, latest drivers of ALL hardware available.
and only VDJ installed on it, given an outstanding performance using VDJ in combination with the Echo Indigo DJ and 1 XP10.

This laptop is only used for VDJ on gigs. i don't do anything else with it. It is perfectly tuned for VDJ.
I someting goes wrong, i put back the original image i made (specially for VDJ) and i have a usable DJ-tool again.

i'm sure it is not solved by a re-installation.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 10:44 am
If possible, try it on a different soundcard, if that works it means you have to re-configure your indigo. if that doesn't work either you can change the needle weight a little, it's trial and error to find the right weight though. Also if your TT's have a line out, try using that instead and play a little with the settings of VDJ like RIAA pre-amp or phase shift.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 11:25 am
thatnks for the reply, but i think you missed a line:

Echo Indigo DJ does not have any input channels.

i use my onboard soundcard (laptop RealAC97).
I will try to make my Maya EX work on ASIO again to see if that works for input.

(when i got the turntables again sometime when i have the time).

Posted Wed 17 Nov 04 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)