Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules DJ console to arrive Friday

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Woo hoo! :-)

My Hercules DJ console will arrive Friday. can't wait to try it with VDJ. I doubt it will come close to the feeling of the DAC-2 or two XP10's but I will give it a whirl.

WirelessDJ

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 12:58 pm
its a cool little all-in-one-box.. ;) but not as pro as XP10..
feels a little bit more "toy-ish", but still lotsa fun to use ;)

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 12:59 pm
define toyish? is it because it is plastic? the xp10 are plastic
are the sliders accrate? do the wheels wobble?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 1:57 pm
hard to define "toy-ish"... lol ..
Its just the size, the plastic and the feel of it..

But its also very good in many ways, if you look away from the plastic look and the kinda too small lay-out of the console.

It have EQ knobs, sliders and buttons - that work great, and nice to see them move in skin when doing so ;) and they are accurate
In a way its a great bargain, getting a good dual soundcard and a mixer for that low price... ;)

And the jogwheels are quite good actually... and the reason for me still bringing the console to my gigs.. I use the jogwheels the most, for nudge and cue..

But you already have xp10's... so they have better jogs.
What you will like is the mixer part of the console, making you have a almost complete mobile dj equipment, and you could easily just plug it into an amp for a small gig, home gig or pub gig...

I'm the first to admitt, I love my Hercules ;) despite the fact that its kinda small and "toy-ish" in looks... ;)

Actually my ONLY negative remark about the concole is the kinda unresponsiveness of the play button. But I have learned to compensate for that by pressing it hard and center... or even use the sync button instead, which is very responsive..

Good luck with the console ;) I think you will learn to love it too ;)

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:07 pm
rodie83Home userMember since 2004
The Hercules is truly garbage. I'm sorry to, say, i don't want to ruin the fun you have in your new unit.

But hell, what can you except for a mixer/controller-one with a price less then $200?

That's the problem with DJ gear. Cheaper gear is worse gear, expensive gear is better gear. This particular Hercules "thing" has superchgeap components inside, which will not last very long and give bad sound quality.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:11 pm
do not agree with last poster ;)

the soundquality is good, and I have used the controller for a year, and it still works good :)

it is of course not the rock solid rackmount size dj hardware equipment that many are used to, but hey... as you say, for that price, its gives a lot! And great for new dj software users to practice at home, or even smaller gigs.. :)

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:13 pm
rodie83Home userMember since 2004
Well, I would spend the same $200 on a decent mixer. I believe the Hercules has practical use, but i will not believe the eq's are good.

Cueing up adn things can easily be done with shortcuts and the mouse, scratching is something you shouldn't do with VirtualDJ at all and pitching is as easy with a keyboard.

My opinion on this is that the Hercules is halfway machine. Is has it all, but on the other hand nothing on the machine is high quality. And i guess, after a few months, that you'll put the Hercules aside and that you'll buy a decent mixer and a decent controller.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:20 pm
yeah sure...

but my point is for new users, small gig users, or home practice users..

because those 200$ gives you more than a mixer:
- dual soundcard with 2 x stereo output
- a mixer with knobs and sliders
- jogwheels for nudge/cue
- controller that works with the GUI of VDJ

what it is, is a all-in-one beginner package, that can be usefull also for more advanced users. Thats all it is ;)

If you allready have dual soundcard and are used to use keyboard and mouse, sure.. getting an external mixer might be more worth the money :)

;)

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 2:30 pm
I have three mixers, so I don't need another one. I just like fact that the hercules is all in one, controller and mixer and sound card. One cable connects it all!

I like that I can travel with the laptop and the console and a pair of headphones.

After having using the XP10's, the DAC-2 -- be warned I will be blunt and honest about the hercules.

I guess I will just have to wait and see when I get it.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 11:08 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree entirely with dj in norway,

For the price you can't complain, I bought the hercules for it's dual soundcard and controller functions, but not as a mixer..

Of course the best set-up is with a good mixer and two proffesional controllers, or perhaps an all in one hercules style controller (if there was only a more proffesional/heavy duty model)

Right now I have a good mixer, but i'm standing by on the proffesional controller front.., waiting for the right product and when I have the money to spend..

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 7:57 pm

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)