Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES CONSOLE IS DEAD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I bought my HERCULES DJ CONSOLE it work fine with the copy of VIRTUAL DJ that came in the box. I dowloaded the full version for which I paid $117.00. I also downloaded the latest drivers. After installing everything, my CONSOLE is dead, nothing works. When I open VIRTUAL DJ, the console on the screen works fine but not my external console. Please help, I have a gig coming up and need this thing working. Thanks.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 9:46 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe the VDJ upgrade changed the default settings: in VDJ settings panel, under "remote control" tab, check the Hercules DJ console checkbox. and under the "sound card" tab, select the dj console.

Maybe the firmware upgrade changed your settings: make sure to set the console driver to the correct setting too (the little green alien at the bottom right of your screen), I don't remember which one (I don't own the console anymore), but I think it's the one in the middle, and not the ASIO one.

hope this helps, enjoy VDJ 2!

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 10:16 pm
VDJ was working fine and as soon as I closed the program and tried to open it again it won't open now. When I double click on the icon it acts as if it's going to open, but instead it drops down to the task bar without opening. Why is it doing this? Also, if I umplug my HERCULES CONSOLE from my computer it crashes. Why? Please help.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 2:20 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
For the first,
Change from normal to dj and via versa, check-uncheck
asio in console panel, to see if Vdj will start,
also try to uninstall and reinstal vdj.

For the second, has your motherboard a SIS chipset ?
What happens when you unplug the usb cable, restart ?
Then, there is an update for usb and sis, i dont remember
now what exactly but i've seen this problem before.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 2:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)