Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My opinion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have bought the hercules dj console. Sooooo cool.
I like it a lot. I use it a lot, but i think that with some modify
i can use it better, without use keyboard shortcut.

1)Why the Mixer section doesn't work directly to the audio?
I think it should be the best for response-time if it work as 2 separated channel. If i need a midi controller, i buy a dedicated tool.
2)I don't find useful the joystick and the 2 buttons. It take lot of space and i can't use it neither for special effects (maybe for scratch only)
3)Selector button(fx,cue,loop) is orrible, add more button separated for loop, cue and effects. Loop section need the(1/4)(1/2)(8) buttons and the new loops (in the full version) (16)(32)
4) Where is the support for use the samples??
5) Little and dedicated operating system should be cool for party. If something wrong happen, people need to wait that Virtual dj or in the worst case xp restarted.

I hope that Hercules do this mod in a future version, or in a eventually "Pro" version. Let's critic my critics :P I think is a good way for improve the quality of this good console.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 9:26 pm
yeah, well everybody knows that the hdjc isn't a pro tool
It's allright for home parties but if you go bigger, I suggest 2 xp10's or time coded vinyl.
Btw, we are still waiting for that demo movie of the tcv

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 11:42 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think that with the mods i have told, lot of djs can use the console also for big partyes. I like xp10 as design (maybe are too expensive for me).I think that for scratchin are better than console.Well,i don't want to scratch and i prefer to dont use an external mixer. If i start to use: external mixer, 2 xp10, the laptop, at this point i buy normal cdj's (that now reads also mp3) and i use them with an external mixer, without the laptop. i want to use only the console and the laptop. :)

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 2:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)