Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm a registered user Atomix, I tried to enter my serial number but this system assured me the number was incorrect, the log-in system needs a good defrag because it's full of crap. LOL

I have been evaluating VDJ for the past week considering the upgrade, I found two things that are a REAL pain in VDJ that were not a problem in Atomix.
The first one was the assignable keys feature doesn't work, perhaps this is because it's the trial version. I MUST be able to assign my keys...so what's up with that?

Te second one is a BIG pain, if I'm looking through a folder for a particular song and all of the sudden I go "hey I've got 22 seconds to find something else" I have to go back to the top "database" icon to search ALL SONGS, if not the search feature only searches the folder where I was viewing files.

Atomix doesn't work that way, having to make that move back up to the top of the directory every time is not acceptable, perhaps this is a simple directory issue and I'm just being dumb.

Please help the DUMB DJ :^)

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:54 pm
Renee,

This program far surpasses automix. I had that also. Your issues will be corrected when you purchase it and many new things will open up. The trial version if I remember correctly has several things not available to it. You will be able to assign the keys and I am not sure about your second complaint but I never ha that problem. Buying this product has been the absolute best thing for my business. You won't regret the purchase.

:)

(PS.. This is coming from a user and not support staff if that makes you feel better)

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 10:11 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1st, yes you can assign any key you want in full version of Virtual Dj, and 2nd, IT IS also possible to assign to go directly to DATABASE SEARCH with ONLY one key press, for example S for search ;) So it's like 1 second to get the song from your database (if you type quickly ;)

P.s.: You really don't have to call yourself "dumb", it's always better to ask ;)

erXon

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 1:59 pm
Thanks guys, that answered part of my question but I'm not sure your understanding the database search. I know about the "S" key, and of course how to take the mouse and put it in the window to search... it's just like atomix.. the problem here is if I've had a directory open, let's say" Disco" if I leave the program in the "disco" folder this is THE ONLY folder that is searched...it skips everything in the database BUT the "Disco" folder...

I have to take the mouse and scroll all the way back up and be sure I'm clicked on the master "database" icon before it will once again search the whole database... this is VERY annoying... and again Atomix doesn't do this...it' doesn't care where you are in the directory tree?

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 10:57 pm
Believe me, you've got the full answer :)

Quote: "I have to take the mouse and scroll all the way back up and be sure I'm clicked on the master "database" icon before it will once again search the whole database..."

Exectly the shortcut you can assign!! By pressing the assigned key, it automatically "scrolls" to the master "database" icon and puts the cursor in the search window. So if you for example assign the "s" key and search for example "track01.mp3", all you have to type (in any window of VDJ you are!!) is "strack01"!! So the "s" function puts you in the database search window, while "track01" searches through the WHOLE database, not just "disco" folder or sth...! And voila, you have it!! ;)

Easy, isn't it? :)

P.S.: of course you have to assign the right function to the key (browser > search), otherwise it doesn't work ;)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 3:02 pm
@vanitinedj
"PS.. This is coming from a user and not support staff if that makes you feel better.."

what's wrong with the support staff??? loool ;) hehe

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 3:20 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
...Dj in Norway,
You can answer to this :)
What are your privileges now as support stuff ?
Can we say you are working for Atomix now ?
(not that this is bad ...)

Just curiosity !

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 3:45 pm
hehe... well, the privileges are regarding this forum and giving support to questions asked etc, in a best possible way... guess thats all I can say :)

I'm part of the Support Team, and in that respect I do work for the comp giving support :)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 4:15 pm
Nothing at all Norway. I think you know what I meant.... :) Just trying to helpa terrific program grow...

Posted Wed 10 Nov 04 @ 5:14 pm
Well it doesn't matter to me where the information comes from but it seems the "support staff" has been a little hard to find. They can thank Erxon for me purchasing the program, perhaps he should get a cut?

Now, the short cut key's work fine now that I bought the program, but I'll be darned (talking nice here) if I can figure out what key to assign to make this thing search the whole database... and why in the world that was made an issue I'll never figure out...

Why would you EVER want the master search to search ONLY one folder is beyond me. (Unless you had all you songs in one folder and what a MESS that would be...

So what's the deal with the database.. it's driving me NUTS!!! (and it's a short drive!!!

"P.S.: of course you have to assign the right function to the key (browser > search)"

I tried assigning a key to browser... that didn't take me anywhere?..

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 12:06 am
Quote: "(..) but I'll be darned (talking nice here) if I can figure out what key to assign to make this thing search the whole database... and why in the world that was made an issue I'll never figure out..."
---------------------------------

Hm... still doesn't work for you? Well if this picture doesn't ilustrate enough, than I really have no idea how to help you :) It works for me ;)

Here's the pic: http://www.djerxon.com/help2.jpg

Quote: "Why would you EVER want the master search to search ONLY one folder is beyond me. (Unless you had all you songs in one folder and what a MESS that would be...

So what's the deal with the database.. it's driving me NUTS!!! (and it's a short drive!!!"

It's really a good idea to limit the search, if you for example search, if you want for example to search for newest songs, you go to that map, and search just through that one. It's easier to find a song, if you know what your looking for. But if you know a whole name, than it's of course better to search through a whole database.

erXon

Posted Thu 11 Nov 04 @ 6:32 pm
That photo was worth a thousand words and worth a lot more than their "tech support" which seems to be asleep at the wheel. (I guess having users do it saves them a few bucks
but I did feel pretty ignored here, where were these 'team leaders" that I see on-line?.. well anyway.

Hopefully this will be my last question, I won't use 90% of what the program has to offer. Our club is not into extended play techno or anything that would require beat mixing.

Our club is more like doing a wedding, this program is easier than lugging around 10,000 cd's much less finding a song if you need it. (I found this same question asked a while back in this forum and it was NEVER answered, too bad you weren't around then)

Thanks again.... :^)

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 12:39 am
@erxon:
- thanx for that brilliant pic explaining DJ Renee how to do it.

And DJ Renee - the team try to answer as quick and good they can, but this is also a user forum, and many of the questions asked are answered by experienced users, like Erxon. And we are lucky to have such a great forum of users loving the program ;)

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 2:25 pm
@ djrenee: glad to hear it worked, that's why we're here. And as always, if you (will) have any other question, just ask.

@ dj-in-norway: no problem at all :)

erXon

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 11:11 pm
I would also like to thank you the illustration erxon.

OO

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)