Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Database Updater

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tried to update my database severall times, but it won't work
I use Mixmeister bpm analyzer, and save everything in a textfile.
Then I close mixmeister & open the Vdj Database updater.
I click on text file parser, read in my saved file wich is tap-seperated but when I click update, the prog wants to open mp3database.txt, I don't have this file, it's called VirtualDJ Database.xml so it just hangs here trying to find the txt file i Guess.

Anybody knows a solution cause for hiphop I don't like the result of analyzing with vdj

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 11:58 am
the mp3database.txt file is generated when you are running vdj, and do a harddrive scan (quick scan)

Do this, to generate the mp3database.txt file, and run the database updater again.

Also, the updater only works for file that already have bpm values in the virtual dj database, in other words, it only works for files already scanned by vdj

hope that helps :)

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:28 pm
I'm gonna try it tonight, got to many files :)
but if I understand it wright, if I want to use the updater again later I have to rescan my whole HD?
There isn't a way to update just one directory of mp3's?

Btw are the cue's saved ore do I lose them?

Posted Sun 07 Nov 04 @ 4:56 pm
you dont have to rescan again, at a later stage, if you want to use the updater again.

and you can use it for a directory, or even a few files.

the only important thing is that this directory, or the few files, are already in the VDJ database, AND have been analyzed by VDJ, BEFORE you use the database updater :)

Posted Mon 08 Nov 04 @ 2:07 pm
yep, seems to work
thx :)

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 12:43 am
Thx norway for answering for me :) you clearly did a little beta testing on this prog lol

dasouth2004: this program is mostly useless now though since the new version of VirtualDJ does a great job at getting BPM's right...

macourteau

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:49 am
I think it depends on the way you scan, but I'm using vdj only for hiphop & believe me still 25% of the bpm is wrong & I hate to find the bpm myself, it just takes to much time

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 11:33 am
there are 2 DIFFERENT algorithms for analyzing files for BPM now...

The 2 different modes are available in VDJ config pannel.

The "all music" will get most music right, and the "hiphop/techno" will get the ones that the first algorithm dont get...

try BOTH algorithms... they work ;) and its close to getting ALL hiphop and rnb correct now...
Use the "all music" first, and for those that are incorrect after that, use the other algorithm for those files :)

Posted Tue 09 Nov 04 @ 3:20 pm
Guys,

I did all of the above but after all was done, the bpm's in VDJ showed up as a 4 digit number (in the thousands with no decimal). I am starting all over again...

What do you think I did wrong?

Killabee44

Posted Fri 12 Nov 04 @ 10:12 pm
macourteau,

Has the procedure for using the Mixmeister bpm program and the VDJ Database Updater together been posted? I can't find it... Can you list the steps for me? Thanks.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 2:27 am
This is why we need a read only question and answer forum. When a question has been answered, both question and answer are transferred to this forum. Trying to search through past threads for an answer can be very difficult at times.

OO

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 6:18 am
2012Home userMember since 2004
HELLO TO ALL WHO READ THIS .MY NAME IS NEIL OR THE REAL DEAL NEIL IM NEW TO THIS WAY OF DJING SO IF THERE IS ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP DO SO.I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT MY SELF THE NEW DJ MIXSTATION 2 AND I AM LOVING IT .HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA THERE ARE NOT MANY PEOPLE USING THIS PRODUCT WHICH I KNOW WHO CAN HELP WITH THIS WAY OF DJING.I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH USING EAR PHONES PLEASE HELP.THANX REAL DEAL NEIL.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 12:46 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PLEASE ......don't shout !

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 3:59 pm
Neil,

Describe your problem in more detail in a new thread. Not in this one as it will not bee sen by many. Also, you are better off posting your problem in the technical support area.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 6:16 pm

Posted Sat 13 Nov 04 @ 6:56 pm
Double O,

I thought I had searched the Plugin forum already... Guess not.. Thanks a lot.

Killabee44

Posted Sun 14 Nov 04 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)